Two versions of the films exist, the original European version and the American cut released by American International Pictures. The latter version has a different order for the segments, different introductory segments from Karloff and in some cases alterations to the stories themselves.
- The Telephone: A woman is terrorized by threatening phone calls from someone from her past.
- The Wurdulak: A man returns to his family as a wurdulak, a vampire that feeds on its loved ones.
- The Drop of Water: A nurse steals the ring from the body of a deceased medium only to be haunted by its spirit.
And yes, the band named itself after this movie.
- Death by Irony: After effectively terrorizing Rosy by pretending to be Frank in an attempt to get closer to her, Mary is killed by the real Frank.
- Decapitation Presentation: Gorca brings the severed head of the vampire he killed home.
- Dies Wide Open: The dead medium, to terrifying results.
- Have a Gay Old Time: "Can't I fondle my own grandson?"
- Horror Host: Boris Karloff introduces and closes the film.
- Hide Your Lesbians: The lesbian subplot from The Telephone is removed from the AIP version and the segment is significantly altered to make it a ghost story.
- Our Vampires Are Different: The vampires in The Wurdulak only feed on those that they love.