Black Cougar is a Superhero film by Silvio DiSalvitore.
Silvio (Lenny DiSalvatore) is a teenager who likes hanging around with the neighbourhood kids. They all like him, and he likes them. So, when they start getting kidnapped, he immediately wants to help them. From the toymaker that he lives with, Silvio discovers that the reason he likes kids so much is because he was quite literally made for them.
From there, he lets his creator give him a new superhero persona, Black Cougar, with which he can save the children from whatever danger is targeting them.
The film was released in 2002.
Black Cougar contains examples of:
- Adult Fear: Someone has begun kidnapping the children of the neighbourhood for a Sex Trafficking ring.
- When one kidnapped boy's sister becomes a witness, one of the villains tries to smother her to death in her hospital bed. It's only the arrival of Black Cougar that saves her.
- For the toymaker, losing his wife and child in a traffic accident.
- Animal-Themed Superbeing: Of the Animal Alias variety. Black Cougar is a Ridiculously Human Robot who commands an army of action figures.
- Human Traffickers: As the kids discuss in their cages, this seems to be what they're being kidnapped for.
- One of the Kids: Silvio likes to play with the neighbourhood kids, because that's how he was designed.
- Police are Useless: The police have absolutely NO luck in solving the case of the missing kids.
- Protagonist Title
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Silvio was built by a toymaker, and is completely indistinguishable from a teenage boy.
- Secret Path: The toymaker has one to his lab. It's accessed by twisting the top of a lighthouse model, causing his fireplace to slide away, and the wall behind it to open up.
- Would Hurt a Child: In addition to abducting children for Sex Trafficking, the villains will also try to discreetly murder any witnesses, regardless of their age.
- Vorpal Pillow: One of the villains tries to kill a little girl witness in her hospital bed by doing this. Luckily, Black Cougar arrives.