The movie is set at the end of Ben's summer vacation in which Grandpa Max, Gwen and he are returning home to Bellwood. Naturally Ben's not looking forward to returning to school and his boring old life. But that soon becomes the least of his worries when a mysterious figure named Eon comes looking for him and the Omnitrix. As things progress, secrets are revealed and naturally the fate of the world is at stake.
While the movie isn't considered canon to the series, some elements from it make it to the sequels, such as Ben's parents and Eon (though the latter usually was mostly alternated).
This film has the following tropes:
- Alien Invasion: What Eon hope to accomplish with the Hands of Armageddon
- Alternate Universe: Confirmed in the Ben 10: Ultimate Alien episode, "Ben 10,000 Returns", that this film takes place in an alternate timeline.
- Artifact of Doom: The aptly named "Hands of Armageddon."
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: While constantly bickering throughout the movie, Gwen admits that she loves Ben (who's transformed into Eon) to try and make him transform back to his regular self.
- Bad Boss: Eon to his minions. Killing one out of anger and keeping the others from helping him.
- Big Bad: Eon, who seeks to use the Hands of Armageddon to bring his people to invade Earth.
- Dying Race: What fuels Eon's ambitions as he wishes to revive his race of people.
- Expy: Eon looks and acts a lot like Darth Vader.
- Exposition: Eon provides some about why the Omnitrix has a ten-minute time limit; supposedly, that's a security measure to keep Ben in control of the transformations (which doesn't mesh all that well with the cartoons, where Ben frequently has stayed transformed for longer without losing control).
- Food Fight: Ben starts one at a cafe to get even with Cash and JT
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Gwen to a Eon transformed Ben in the climax
- Cryo-Prison: 200 years prior to the film, Eon was arrested by the Plumbers during his search for the Hands of Armageddon and was kept frozen in suspended animation. He was finally able to thaw out and aged his guardian to near-death.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Ben doesn't want to go back to normal life, and all he wants to do is be a hero again.
- Improbable Weapon User: Wildmutt uses a time frozen Gwen to finish off Eon in their final fight.
- Live-Action Adaptation
- Made-for-TV Movie
- Plot Pants: At the beginning when Ben has to head back to school he wears different clothing, once the plot starts picking up, he changes to his usual wear.
- Rapid Aging/Not Quite Dead: One of Max's friends is found like this, scaring the crap out of Ben, Gwen and Max when he reveals he still alive (for the moment anyway).
- Rearrange the Song: The series' pop-rock theme tune gets a hard rock remix for the film's opening.
- Secret Police: The Plumbers which include many of the town's resident including the cafe owner, the principal, the fireman, heck even an harmless old man.
- Stealth Pun: Ben's principal, once he reveals that he's a Plumber, mentions that the one time that he accidentally set off the Great Quake of '89. He then proceeds to quip that it was a rocky afternoon the rest of that day.
- Time Master: Eon, who's primary ability is time manipulation.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: Eon seeks to use the Hands Of Armageddon to bring his Dying Race to Earth to repopulate, but traveling through time so much has weakened him to the point where he's unable to use the Hands. His plan is to use the Omnitrix to turn Ben into himself (a second Eon), so that he can activate the device and end the reign of humans on Earth. The movie is pretty vague about how it works, but at first glance, it seems as though Eon may actually be Ben, corrupted by himself in his own past. On top of that, when Eon succeeds in implanting himself in the Omnitrix, he declares that "two cannot exist in one world", disappearing into a different point in the time stream.
- Too Dumb to Live: Ben, after being attacked twice by Eon, decides to take him head on by himself by waiting out in the open for him despite the fact that Eon can keep the Omnitrix from working properly. You can guess how well that plan goes.
- Villainous Rescue: Eon claims to be doing this when he dragged Ben out of the Plumbers' headquarters.
- Wham Line: Courtesy of Eon.
- Eon: It's MY DNA that will be released from the Omnitrix. I am the alien lifeform that will soon overwhelm you. YOU ARE ME, BENJAMIN!