- "A weekend to dismember"
Axeman is a 2013 Slasher Movie directed by Joston Thaney.
Had a sequel, subtitled Overkill, released in 2017, and a Re-Cut, titled Axeman at Cutter's Creek, in 2020.
This film contains examples of:
- Antagonist Title: The Axeman is the psychopath stalking our heroes.
- Big Bad: The Axeman stalking our heroes.
- Bolivian Army Ending: The film ends with the Axeman running at Darlene and Darren, axe held high.
- Disney Death:
- Darren is seemingly beaten to death by the Axeman, but is revealed to still be alive when seen again.
- Also carries over to the sequel where it's revealed that Liz and Tammy survived their seemingly-fatal injuries.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: The Axeman is a nameless lunatic who apparently lives in the woods, killing anyone who ventures into them for no reason at all except maybe For the Evulz. He does not appear to care about the bank robbers' money, but his tidy appearance, modern clothing, and ability to converse normally with the sheriff shows that he is not just some demented, territorial Mountain Man. The protagonists tell a campfire story about a police detective whose family was slaughtered by a serial killer, but it is unclear if the Axeman was the detective or the killer, or if the story is even true.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The Axeman tries to dispatch Doug this way. It doesn't work, so he hacks the poor sap to death instead.
- I Call Him "Mr. Happy": Randy calls his penis "Peter Meter."
- Ironic Nursery Tune: The Axeman whistles "Three Blind Mice" while hunting down Cassidy.
- Multiple-Choice Past: The Axeman is either a backwoods serial killer, or a police detective who went crazy after his family was killed by that serial killer.
- Non-Indicative Name: While he does use an axe a couple times, the Axeman is more of a knife wielder than an axeman.
- One-Word Title
- Sadist: The Axeman of Cutter's Creek, who stalks the woods to torture and kill random people. When his victims ask what he's doing, he dismisses the idea that he even has a reason.
- Villain Opening Scene: The film starts with the Axeman killing some bank robbers hiding out in his cabin.