Avengers Grimm is a 2015 action film by The Asylum. At the start of the film, Snow White is urgently seeking news of her husband, the King, as Rumpelstiltskin storms her gates with his army of "thralls", revealed to be transformed people from the kingdoms he has already defeated. Rumpelstiltskin reveals that he killed Snow White's husband, and offers to let her live if she lets him use the Magic Mirror to go to Earth, a land without magic, so that he can conquer it. In the ensuing struggle, Snow White and Rumpelstiltskin tumble through the mirror. Shortly thereafter Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Rapunzel arrive too late to help Snow White and are soon joined by Red Riding Hood, who's looking for one of Rumpelstiltskin's lieutenants, The Wolf. The Wolf arrives and attack, and in the melee, the mirror is broken and all are transported to Earth.
There, Snow White apprises the princesses of their situation and reveals that Rumpelstiltskin has become mayor over the years, and that they need to keep the mirror out of his hands. Unfortunately, the remaining shard was embedded in Red Riding Hood's shoulder, and she's already left to seek revenge on The Wolf. And so, they need to find Red, retrieve the piece of the mirror, kill Rumpelstiltskin, and get back home.
Two sequels have come out: Sinister Squad (a mockbuster of Suicide Squad (2016)), which was released in 2016, and Avengers Grimm: Time Wars (a mockbuster of Avengers: Infinity War, with a few elements of Aquaman (2018)), which was released in 2018.
This film exhibits the following tropes:
- Adaptational Villainy: Rumpelstiltskin wasn't as cruel in the original story as he is here, nor did he have any interest in conquering worlds.
- Alchemy Is Magic: Cinderella's power is to transmutate one object into another (i.e. a gun into a bouquet of flowers), mirroring her story where the Fairy Godmother morphed her mice into horses and a pumpkin into a chariot.
- And Her Eyes Open: The last shot of the film.
- Arc Words: "No life is worth a kingdom."
- Black Girl Dies First: Heart kills Jessica at the start of the climax to show that it's serious.
- Bow and Sword, in Accord: Red's two weapons are a recurve bow and a sword.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes: One of the symptoms of becoming one of Rumpelstiltskin's thralls is a bad case of Excessive Evil Eyeshadow that's ostensibly magic, not makeup.
- Hypnotic Eyes: Rumpelstilskin has the ability to implant commands in the minds of humans he meets. His eyes turn red when he does so.
- An Ice Person: Snow White has ice-control powers, using them to grow icicles as weapons and to freeze people.
- Ironic Nursery Tune: While advancing on an unconscious Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin creepily whistles "Rock-a-bye Baby".
- Kick the Dog: When a wounded cop begs Rumpelstiltskin for help, he kills the begging officer.
- Killer Yo-Yo: Rapunzel has attached a heavy metal ball to the end of her hair and she uses it as a meteor hammer.
- Little Red Fighting Hood: All of the fairytale femmes sport fighting prowess, but Red is the closest they have to a Badass Normal.
- Magic Mirror: Possession of the remaining shard of the mirror drives the plot. The mirror can apparently be used to both scry on people, and to transport people between the fairy tale world and Earth.
- The Mockbuster: Of both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Once Upon a Time.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Rumpelstiltskin has the ability to turn non-Royals into his thralls, who obey his commands, but otherwise act like stereotypical zombies, lurching and reaching with their arms. They also develop serious Creepy Shadowed Undereyes.
- Public Domain Character: The film is about Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and Little Red Riding Hood fighting the forces of Rumpelstiltskin and The Big Bad Wolf.
- Red Shirt Army: The LAPD under "Mayor Heart"/Rumplestiltskin.
- Royal Brat: Sleeping Beauty has a Lovable Alpha Bitch-esque attitude, possibly because, considering her story, she is the only heroine who has been a princess her whole life.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Snow White's husband was taken while leading the kingdom's defense. The princesses arrive to help Snow White defend against Rumpelstilskin.
- Sleep Walking: At one point, Sleeping Beauty shows the ability to put someone to sleep and then to issue them commands, which they perform as if sleep-walking.
- Smug Snake: Rumpelstiltskin acts as if he was a Magnificent Bastard, but Casper Van Dien really can't pull it off.
- Trapped in Another World: At the end of the film, the princesses (and the queen and Red) are trapped on Earth.
- World of Ham: It adds a great deal of entertainment value to the film that all of the actors and actresses slice their ham as thick as they can cut it.
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Our world serves as this to the fairytale world. In the few minutes that the princesses spend considering their trip, Snow White claims years have passed on Earth.