Antopia is a short coming-of-age film about an ant named Buzz Lightbee. It was created in 2018 by Ecksdee Productions and repurposed and rereleased in 2020 as part of Centricide, a web series by Greg Jreg Guevara, except not really. The plot of the film has little to do with the plot of Centricide. The film stars Jreg as the main character.
Antopia contains examples of:
- All of the Other Reindeer: Buzz describes himself as not fitting in among his peers in Antopia. Although he won't figure out why until he discovers his heritage.
- Changing Yourself For Love: When Buzz and Jerry discover Samanta is beesexual, Buzz sneaks into Antbert Antstein's house to use the Beeifier 2000 and change himself into a bee.
- Child of Two Worlds: Buzz, being part ant and part bee. At the end, he comes to accept that he's both an ant and a bee simultaneously.
- Disappeared Dad: Buzz's dad had left his family. Turns out, Mr. Bee (whose name is Steven Lightbee) is his dad.
- Fantastic Drug: Antwax, which Jerry is addicted to. The Spin-Off shows that antwax is taken through an "antwax vape."
- Fantastic Racism: There are tensions between bees and ants. Mr. Bee describes ants as "dastardly." When Buzz turns himself into a bee, hes faced with harassment from the ants in Antopia who claim "his kind aren't welcome here."
- Flintstone Theming: Antopia and Bee City are places themed after ants and bees respectively. In Antopia, there are things such as the Antopia Antccounting Antssociation and social media sites like Antstagram.
- Given Name Reveal: Mr. Bee is an alias. His true name is Steven Lightbee.
- Heroic BSoD: Buzz has one when he realizes Mr. Bee is his father.
- Hiding Your Heritage: Wanda Lightbee hid Buzz's heritage from him throughout his childhood, possibly due to the Fantastic Racism between ants and bees.
- The Immune: Buzz is immune to Antbert's poisonous gas thanks to being half-bee.
- Insect Queen: Samanta is the princess of Antopia and next in line for the throne. When the Queen dies, Samanta becomes queen.
- Interspecies Romance: Wanda Lightbee and Steven Lightbee back in the day.
- Late for School: The film starts with Buzz late to school due to oversleeping.
- A Lizard Named "Liz": There are ants named Antbert and Antonio and bees named Steven Lightbee. Buzzs real heritage is foreshadowed with his name, Buzzington Lightbee, which hints at him being part bee.
- Pun: Loads and loads of bee and ant puns. Highlights include:
Mr. Bee: Oh, beez louise, I havent seen nothing like that since BEEitnam!
- Characters named SamANTa and ANTonio Bodacelli.
- "BEEsus Christ!"
- Running Away to Cry: Buzz runs away into the woods to cry after discovering Mr. Bee is his father, which means Buzz's mother lied about the whereabouts of his dad throughout his childhood.
- Shout-Out: Jerry Seinfeld is named after Jerry Seinfeld due to playing a large part in the production of Bee Movie, as well as voicing its main character.
- Spin-Off: An Antopia spin-off series titled Jerry's Antics has its first episode up on KLOY's channel. Jerry's character growth from an Antwax-addled kid failing his classes into a successful businessman and Recovered Addict was entirely off-screen. The spin-off shows what occurred to Jerry after him and Buzz emotionally parted ways. Fair warning, there's a lot of ant puns.
- Your Son All Along: Mr. Bee reveals his real name to be Steven Lightbee, which causes Buzz to realize that Mr. Bee is his father. When Buzz tells Steven, Steven initially denies it, saying the only child he had was with an ant. Buzz then reveals that he was born an ant.