Shivani, played by actress Madhuri Dixit is a flight attendant for Air India, working First Class on the Mumbai-Dubai route. She has a sister who is married to a greedy gambling addict, who wont even pay for medicines for his sick wife. On one flight, Shivani meets Vijay Agnihotri played by Shahrukh Khan, a rich spoiled young man, who spends the entire flight harassing her and coming on to her. Although she rebuffs him twice and then moves on with her life, Agnihotri starts to obsess about marrying her, even going so far as to convince his doting mother that Shivani will marry him soon.
To his chagrin, Shivani marries an airliner pilot, upon which Vijay concocts a diabolical plan to separate the couple. The plan ends with Shivanis husband dead and Shivani in prison. Things go From Bad to Worse for Shivani as she is brutalized by the prisons sadistic warden, Forces into sexual slavery and hits her breaking point upon suffering two horrific tragedies.
And then Shivani decides to take matters into her own hands and avenge herself.
Tropes found here
- Barefoot Captives: All female prisoners. In India, this is Truth in Television, as all prisoners male and female are kept barefoot for various reasons.
- Berserk Button: Shivanis gets pushed twice. The first time, she loses it in court when Vijay Agnihotri accuses her of fooling around while her husband is fighting for his life in the ICU. Her outburst gets her convicted and incarcerated for assault. She gets pushed again When a brutal beating by the warden causes her to miscarry. She goes on a revenge fueled killing spree.
- Vijay goes bonkers and brutally thrashes Shivani when she berates him for stalking her, saying that what he is feeling isnt love, but lust.
- Corrupt Cop: Inspector Arjun Singh is on Vijays payroll and is implied to have covered up a lot of Vijays transgressions.
- Darkest Hour: Shivanis miscarriage.
- Death of a Child: Shivanis daughter is killed in a car crash.
- Domestic Abuse: Shivanis husband slaps her once to shut her up. This was instigated by her hysterically complaining about him going to work for Vijay Agnihotris new airline, as she guesses correctly that it is a ploy for her stalker to get at her again. However, this may have been a case of Poor Communication Kills as Shivani most likely never told her husband about her being stalked.
- Death of a Child: Shivanis daughter.
- Depraved Bisexual: The prison warden.
- Girls Behind Bars
- Hellhole Prison
- Hypocrite: Vijay Agnihotri brutally bashes Shivanis husband for slapping her once! Yet barely a few minutes later, he himself is similarly brutally beating Shivani for calling him out on his lust.
- Karmic Death: Mohamed Lal, Shivanis callous brother in-law who neglected her sister and daughter by making them live near destitute lives because hed seize whatever money they had to bet on horse races, is made to choke on money till he dies of asphyxiation.
- Karmic Rape: Shivani inflicts it on the warden as revenge for her own rape by the warden.
- Mutual Kill: Shivani and Vijay both plunge to their deaths when she tries to shove him off a cliff, but he drags her with him.
- Prison Rape: Inflicted on Shivani by the warden.
- Rape and Revenge: Shivani rapes and hangs the sadistic female warden who raped her.
- Smoking Hot Sex: Between the Corrupt Cop who framed Shivani and the prison warden.
- Wardens Are Evil: Played straight with the woman overseeing Shivanis prison.
- Wife-Basher Basher: Agnihotri witnessed Shivani getting slapped by her husband. He then proceeds to beat that husband so brutally, that he is in an ICU clinging to life. He then uses this act to get Shivani to divorce her husband and be with him. Of course, Shivani doesnt buy it, knowing that the whole scenario was setup by him.
- Xenafication: Shivani goes from a meek suffering in silence woman to an unstoppable rage filled killer.