- "When absolute power corrupts... Get Justice!"
American Justice is a 2015 action crime film directed by Demetrius Navarro.
After a hostage situation goes horribly wrong, Officer Jack Justice is suspended and goes on a vacation to Mexico. He witnesses a murder by some corrupt cops. When he tells the sheriff, he is framed for the crime. He breaks out, and proceeds to trash the town to settle the score.
This film contains examples of:
- American Title
- Arch-Enemy: Justice has Sheriff Payden, who framed him for murder.
- Badass Boast: Justice responds to Payden announcing his intention to kill him with this:"Your problem is you think you have Flipper in here. Well, motherfucker, say hello to Jaws."
- Big Bad: Sheriff Payden, the corrupt chief of police.
- Clear My Name: Why Justice goes on his rampage.
- Crapsack World: the Texas town our hero passes through on vacation is filled with nothing but the dirt poor, drug dealers and a police force so corrupt and racist that the film treats the slaughter of the entire police department as a good thing.
- Dirty Cop: The main villains are cops who frame Justice for a murder.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Payden shoots Boyd in the face because the latter complained about finding cocaine instead of money.
- Epunymous Title: Referring to Jack Justice, cop.
- Evil Has a Bad Sense of Humor: The villains love to make racist jokes.
- Hostage Situation: One kicks off the plot by going horribly wrong, leading to Justice's partner's demise and his own suspension.
- Meaningful Name: Of course the guy named Jack Justice is a cop.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: The cops are all racist against black and Hispanic people.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Justice goes on one against the men who framed him.
- The Sociopath: Sheriff Payden, who uses his police department as a protection racket and murders people at the slightest annoyance.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Justice pulls this after blowing up Payden.