- Time is running out....
Amber Alert is a 2012 Found Footage movie starring Summer Bellessa, Chris Hill, and Jason Hade. The story focuses around close friends Samantha and Nathan who are recording an audition tape for a reality show, with Samantha's brother Caleb manning the video camera. As they drive up to another location to finish shooting and filling out the show questionnaire, they take notice of an Amber Alert sign on the highway announcing the kidnapping of a young girl. Then, a few moments later, they spot a car on the highway matching the description from the sign. They call the police and, when they say they can't get out there until later, they decide to follow the car....
This film provides examples of:
- Bittersweet Ending: Michael Muller is killed and Brooke Layton (the girl he kidnapped) survives the ordeal with no injuries and is returned to her parents, but Sam and Nathan are both killed by Michael and Caleb is left injured and without a sister.
- Improbable Infant Survival: Brooke Layton survives the ordeal unscathed and Caleb (the youngest of the trio) survives his injuries.
- In the Back: Michael Muller kills Sam by shooting her in the back of the head.
- I Will Punish Your Friend for Your Failure: Muller is heard threatening to kill Brooke Layton's parents if she doesn't obey him.
- Serial Killer: Michael Muller appears to be this, as Sam and Nathan discover children's memorabilia in his home, implying that Brooke Layton isn't his first victim...
- Police Are Useless: And how. Not only do they completely ignore Sam and Nathan when they say that a man with an abducted child is driving right past them, but when they go to Michael's house and call the police, they simply tell them the Amber Alert had been cancelled and don't even bother coming out there.
- They Look Just Like Everyone Else!: Muller is shown to be an handsome and good-looking man in his thirties or forties and at first glance even gentle. This makes the reveal that he's actually a serial child molester and murderer even more chilling.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Nathan clearly has feelings for Sam, but is unable to come clean to her. The Unresolved part takes on a more tragic definition when Nathan and Sam both die in the movie's climax.
- Would Hurt a Child: Despite we don't see much the details (fortunately) we hear Muller molesting and hurting Brooke and all the intimate panties who are shown in his house are a clear proof that he killed (after raping'em presumably) many little girls before.