After Rain is a 2002 short film (5 minutes) from Hungary, directed by Péter Mészáros.
The setting is a small house in the woods, right after a thunderstorm. A woman is unsteadily pedaling away from the house on a bicycle. Back at the house, a man calls her name. As the camera gives some closeups of the woman, it becomes clear why she is biking away.
- Blade-of-Grass Cut: A closeup of a leaf, floating in the river that is close by the house.
- Domestic Abuse: The various bruises and scratches and oh yes, one set of teeth marks on the woman's thighs show that she is being physically abused by her husband.
- Downer Ending: After taking a spill on the bike, the woman turns around and goes back to her abusive husband.
- Minimalist Cast: The man and the woman are the only characters.
- P.O.V. Cam: Shots from the woman's POV of the leaves passing by overhead and the gravel passing by down below as she bikes away.
- Say My Name: The man calls the woman's name several times as she bikes away.
- Silence Is Golden: No dialogue other than the man calling the woman's name several times.