Authors and WebsitesSpartAl412
- Recommended by Fireminer
- Comment: An author specializes in short stories. While the author makes some glaring grammar mistakes, his numerous Fantasy and 40k fics are nevertheless much detailed and enjoyable. You should start with his Shadows of an Empire I and associated short stories.
- Recommended by Imperial Majesty XO
- Comment: Less a fanfic and more a series of unofficial army books, Warhammer Armies Project by Mathias Eliasson has some of the most popular fan-made books for the game. Even if you're not an active player of the game, these books are worth a read for helping to flesh out the setting, examining factions and areas largely ignored by the game proper.
General FicsStories focused on the family and the friendly relationships of the cast. Plot-focused stories or light day-in-the-life stories. Pretty much anything that isn't focused on romance.
- Status: Ongoing
- Now on Fanfiction.net as well.
- Synopsis: When a powerful world-shaping magic spell goes wrong, the entire country of Germany and all 80 million of its people find themselves ISOT'ed from our world in 2012, to the wild and chaotic world of Warhammer Fantasy. Thus begins an epic saga as the German people adapt and learn how to survive in their new homeworld. And as the eternal war between the forces of Order and Chaos drags on, the newcomers and their powerful technology might be just what the world needs to turn the tide against the Ruinous Powers...
- Not only does this story examine the events on the Warhammer World as the Germans adapt and make battle against the Forces of Chaos, and how the natives of the Old World react to the arrival of these newcomers and their advanced technology, but it also examines the effects felt back on Earth ... especially after the Forces of Chaos are able to find a way to get to Earth.
- Not only is this story well-written with lots of engaging action sequences, large-scale epic battles, and many a Moment of Awesome (to be expected from a work based on, well, Warhammer), but the writers have really Shown Their Work with regards to German history, economics, politics, pop culture, military and tactics, and technology, as well as to the lore of the Warhammer Fantasy universe.
- Also expect a brief crossover with Warhammer Fantasy's Sci-Fi counterpart.
- About the one thing that can be said to be bad about the story is the grammar and the ortography. A beta-reader would do wonders to the story.
- Recommended by Tropers/spartandjango
Crossover FicsStories which crossover with other characters or works.
- Crossover with: Dragon Age.
- Recommended by: Tropers/Drgyen.
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: While on the hunt for a sorcerer of Tzeentch, a High Elf warrior is cast into Aethyr where he arrives in a world quite different from his own, and yet similar in ways. His path will cross with that of a simple thief from the other world, and when they meet there will come a reckoning to many, one that will end in blood and fire as an an epic saga begins.
- Follow by its sequels An Oath of Stone and A War in Winter
- Crossover with Kara no Kyoukai, Fate/stay night and Warhammer
- Status: Dormant; last updated January 2018
- Synopsis: At the End of the End Times when the Incarnates failed and the Winds of Magic were ripped from them four of the winds, Shyish, Aqshy, Uldu and Chamon were cast out together. Shyish and Ulgu being torn more forcefully due to their Incarnates resisting the most took more than just the winds with them, though All winds did take a small part of it's Incarnate with it, Ulgu and Shyish took more. Moving through the Realm of Chaos the remaining four winds of Magic seized the first opportunity they had to escape and returned to the mortal realm where a City was alight with fire caused by 6 billion curse. This City is Fuyuki City at the end of Fate/Zero. Not desiring to disperse into the world the four winds poured themselves into the closest living being in the area. A boy with red hair and amber eyes.
Berserkhammer by Papermonkey
- Crossover with Berserk
- Recommended by Mr Terrorist
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis:What if Berserk's Guts was born in the grim, dark fantasy setting of the Old World, as opposed to the grim, dark setting of Berserk?
- Comments:: A very good crossover fanfic. Word of God has said "Some caveats: with the exception of Guts himself and certain important elements like the Berserker's Armor and the Dragonslayer, this is chiefly a Warhammer story. There won't be any Apostles, God-Hand, or the Idea of Evil, especially since Chaos fills a lot of the same conceptual space, though I will include Warhammer versions of other Berserk characters as we go on. Further, while there will be similarities in some backstory elements and certain events from Berserk here and there, I don't intend for this to be a 1:1 retelling of Berserk with a Warhammer theme, either." Highly recommended.
- Crossover with Gate
- Recommended by Masked And Dangerous
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: The Empire of Sadera invades, not modern Tokyo but the Old World. Now Prince Ernhardt, fourth son of Emperor Karl Franz, must navigate both the battlefield and the far deadlier politics of the New and Old worlds as his armies march across the lands beyond the Gate.
- Comments: A fast update schedule and awesome worldbuilding characterize Gatehammer. The battles are a lot closer then the source material, and the story drops the harem elements by shifting focus between multiple characters, although Prince Ernhardt gets the lions share. This is a story that is comfortable asking the question of what changes when another medieval society gets it's hands on the Gate rather then the enlightened modern age. Recommended.