These are recommendations made by tropers for Touhou fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here. This section has doujins and comics focused on the romantic relationships between the cast.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by expanding on the synopsis and/or pertinent tags, or linking similar or related fanfics. Reviews are also encouraged, but please make sure to make reviews have substance; if you simply want to recommend a fic without an extensive review, put your troper name in the Recommended by line of the fic in question. Please use the discussion page for conversations about fics.
Fujiwara no Mokou, Who Lives a Million Times; and Kamishirasawa Keine's One Happy Lifetime by ichikai
- Recommended by: Noxshade
- Pairings: Mokou/Keine
- Synopsis: "Hey, Keine. I wonder how long we will be able to pass through the same time. I wonder when the end comes." "On that day...Fujiwara no Mokou wept just as many times as she had died and returned to life." Presented mostly as a flashback, it begins with Mokou discovering Keine having passed away in her sleep; and then shows all the happy times they had together.
GERANIUM by Can't Fix the Helmet, translated by Pilpsie, edited by Rukaroa.
- Recommended by Sleeping Doom
- Pairing(s): Marisa/Rinnosuke
- Synopsis: Rinnosuke and a young Marisa discuss what they want to do in the future. Rinnosuke plans to write a book, and asks Marisa what she wants to be. Many years later, neither of them have changed their minds.
- Recommended by MariaHolic
- Pairing: Keine/Mokou
- 'Synopsis'': A cute story about Keine and Mokou's relationship developing.
Cirno and Reimu's 1 2 3 by Kamo Nari
- Recommended by: Troublethecat/rcn2820
- Pairings: Reimu/Cirno
- Synopsis: Presented in a semi Anachronic Order, starting with a botched love confession after a prank gone wrong, before showing what lead up to that point (And possibly a little of what came after), this doujin tells the story of how Gensokyo's Strongest Fairy and Gensokyo's Laziest Miko became friends, and how Cirno became much more than that for Reimu. Funny, Heartwarming and sometimes Heartbreaking.
Eastern Starlight Romance by Dai-Sukima Dan
- Recommended by Sect
- Pairing: Marisa/Alice. Or Marisa/Reimu. Or Marisa/Patchouli. Or Marisa/Flandre. Or...
- Synopsis: A currently incomplete visual novel. Marisa's father passes away, which forces Marisa to confront her own mortality. She resolves to discover a way to become immortal, and begins researching seriously. Meanwhile, her relationship with several of her friends begin to change... Sadly, the project has seen no updates (or author activity in general) for over a year, and may in fact be dead.
- Great news, the website that hosted the demo had a progress update on January 15, 2019 so it's still being worked on, though looks like it won't be finished for quite some time.
Keine, Mokou and the Students! by karaagetarou
- Recommended by Tacitus
- Pairing: Keine/Mokou
- Synopsis: Mokou gets browbeaten into attending Keine's class alongside Team ⑨ and Akyuu. Can she withstand the antics of Gensokyo's childish youkai, Keine's teasing, and Akyuu's relationship advice? Will she finally spit it out?
Locked Girl, Song by COOL&CREATE, Animation by AniPix, Art by Noya, Subs inserted by SkyWitches, Lyric Translations via Touhou Wiki.
- Recommended by: Kryptik
- Pairing: Marisa/Patchouli
- Synopsis: Marisa, sick of Patchouli continually keeping herself locked in, despite how much it hurts both of them, decides to take matters into her own hands the only way she knows how.
- Recommended by Prime32
- Pairing: Yukari/Yuyuko
- Synopsis: Long before the creation of the Great Hakurei Barrier, Yukari is a savage human-killing youkai hunted by the Saigyouji monks. But one of the Saigyouji is a little more hesitant - after all, she knows what it's like to be feared for your power...
Night Sparrow Love by Mitsumoto.
- Recommended by Sonic GTR, Extraintrovert, Citizen, Jiven
- Pairing: Mystia/Mokou
- Synopsis: Mystia, who runs a grilled ell cart, and Mokou, her coal supplier, are Twice Shy for each other. Keine sees what's going on and decides to give them a push. Marisa and Reimu also get involved. Emotional Torque ensues.
- Recommended by the Ace Of Scarabs
- Pairing: Shizuha/Minoriko (Unrequited)
- Synopsis: Shizuha has feelings for Minoriko, but Cannot Spit It Out. She feels lonely as Minoriko is invited to a lot of Autumn feasts, and harsh words are said. Heartbroken, Shizuha sinks into despair and leaves, and Minoriko regrets their last big argument.
Touhou - Days Woven From Illusion ~The Unmoving Great Library by Gensou Koumuten
- Recomended by Andyzero
- Pairing: Patchouli/OC
- Synopsis: Even in the bright world of gensoukoumuten; there are perceived dark parts of the worlds. In the violent slums of Makai; Patchouli meets a demon doctor who runs a clinic for anyone. A shining light in the darkest pit; he's there for two very important reasons. Because he can and because the need is great.
Today, My Lucky Day by kamereon
- Recomended by RN452
- Pairing: Not Marisa/Rinnosuke.
- Synopsis: Marisa's marriage day finally arrives. This is an opportunity to Rinnosuke to wonder what she means for him