Come on: by the very nature of its setting and storyline, this movie is the base source of beginning fanfic writers. At least from this troper's experience.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Wizard of Oz, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Remember to warn for common triggers.
Add new examples at the bottom of the section, please.
- Recommended by Master Hand
- Synopsis: A hilariously bizarre animated Fan Sequel to the films that picks up after the events of Return to Oz. Dorothy is back on the farm in Kansas with her aunt and uncle ("Uncle Crunch" and "Auntie Eminem" in this version) when a sandcrawler appears and sells Tick Tock and the Tin Man to the family as workers. But Tick Tock is carrying a message from Glinda, stating that Oz has been taken over by Satan, who plans to escape to Kansas and destroy the world on January 1st, 2000 using an evil cyborg version of Jesus. It just gets weirder from there, featuring random cameos, nonsensical characters, Surreal Humour, and Big Lipped Alligator Moments around every turn.
- Tags: Crack Fic, potentially NSFW due to language (this is the person who brought us The Angry Video Game Nerd, after all) and an anatomically-correct drunk Munchkin.
Stories in this category run the full range of genres and themes. If it's set in the main The Wizard of Oz continuity and the romance is not the focus then it belongs here.
- Recommended by: Raptyr
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Movieverse. Miss Almira Gulch was caught up in the twister and thrown to the ground unconscious. Then she dreamed and dream. Or did she?
- Comments: Just a oneshot, but hilarious. Everyone is perfectly in-character as well, which is very nice to see.
- Recommended by Bookworm Gal
- Status: Complete
- Pairings: Dorothy/Scarecrow
- Synopsis: Facing eviction from their farm in Kansas, Dorothy Gale returns to the land of Oz to make a desperate plea to the Scarecrow King. She is unaware, however, that another wicked witch and a foul-tempered cobbler are taking advantage of an unfortunate accident which indefinitely neutralizes Glinda. An unofficial sequel to the 1939 film based on L. Frank Baum's Oz books!
- Comments: Mostly combines "The Marvelous Land of Oz" and "The Patchwork Girl of Oz," but has lots of nice references that will leave you happy.