Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Twelve Kingdoms fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page. Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Truth, Beauty by canis m
- Recommended by: Joie De Combat
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Youko has questions.
- Comments: A little snapshot of a fic that touches on Youko's efforts at understanding her new world and makes an insightful observation or two in the process, as well as being very funny at several points without actually being comedic. The tone of the narrative eloquently conveys Youko's wry exasperation, and captures the characterizations of both Rakushun and Shouryuu in little more than one sentence apiece.
Warrior Queens and Cranky Unicorns by Peterkin's Gun
- Recommended by: JackInqu13
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: One hundred years into Youko's rule, and the kingdom of Kou is still without a monarch.
- Comments: An amusing look into the Twelve Kingdoms universe one hundred years after Youko begins her rule. Only two chapters and rarely updated, but well worth reading.
All Things Grow by bookelfe
- Recommended by: Sheliak
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Yoko comes to En to attend Rakushun's graduation from the university.
- Pairing: Yoko/Rakushun
- Comments: I love how this fic treats the characters and their relationships- it introduces a romance between Yoko and Rakushun in a way that feels true to canon, and it doesn't ignore the other characters or Yoko's responsibility to Kei in the process. The story is about Kei as much as it is about Yoko and Rakushun- Yoko and her court working to make Kei a better place, Rakushun's choice between his home of Kou, where he could never make a difference; Kei, where he could; and En, where he could have a much easier life but isn't actually needed. Their interactions, Shoukei's plans for the future, Suzu's and Keiki's different worries- it's all very true to the series, with the characters' personal lives so bound up with the kingdom that sometimes it's hard to tell where one starts and the other begins.