Proof that the remaining 10% is worth smurfing for.
These are recommendations made by tropers for The Smurfs fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. After a few samples, you will be able to note the interests of the tropers recommending them, and judge whether you might be also interested in a certain 'fic.
Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found herenote . Do warn when a fanfic may head into sexualnote or non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.
Reviews of fics are encouraged, but if you choose to write one, please make it substantive, and give specific details about what you liked / disliked in the fic. If you want to give a fic a thumbs-up without writing a full review, you can add your troper handle to the Recommendations Line. Please refrain from posting "Comments" or Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Synopsis: What's the story about? Give here a brief summary of the plot. It would be also useful to point out in what moment of the series the story takes place. If it's a Gen Fic but it has some romantic elements, note here the characters involved too.
- Pairing(s): If it's a Shipping Fic, list here the pairings that feature in the fic (warn here if it's het, male slash or female slash). If it's a Gen Fic, remove this line. To tell the difference between the two, notice if the focus of the fic is on a romantic relationship or if it focuses on the other aspects of the story. In case of doubt, classify the story according to the genres it's been tagged: the Romance tag for Shipping, absence of that tag for Gen Fic.
- Tags: If any are known. This would be things like W.A.F.F., Lemon, Dark Fic, any known Crossovers etc.
- Recommended by Roo
- Synopsis: Thanks to two alien creatures named Molk and Nolk, and a pair of magical glasses, Brainy accidentally travels back in time to before there was a Smurf village. When a powerful enemy is set on destroying all Smurfs in the world, Brainy has to work to stop him, or there won't be a Smurf village in his own time to return to.
- Status: Completed.
- Comments: Explores the origin of the Smurf village and provides a very original (and yet completely believable, within the cartoon universe) explanation of how Papa Smurf became the father figure to almost a hundred Smurflings to begin with.
- Recommended by Roo
- Synopsis: Mandrake the Mischievous, an imp who loves to make other people miserable, gives the It's A Wonderful Life treatment to Brainy (with Clumsy tagging along for the ride), but things don't go quite as he planned. In the sequel, he tries the same tactic with Gargamel.
- Status: Completed
- Comments: Yes, It's a Wonderful Plot again — twice, but there are a few twists to it. For one thing, Mandrake is mainly after making Brainy and Gargamel miserable and as such is actively seeking to prove to them that they've led worthless lives. Gargamel's story, in particular, provides a few notable twists on the formula.
- Recommended by The Snow Squirrel
- Status: Complete
- Synopses: The Smurf dam bursts one stormy night, and Hefty Smurf is swept away. He drifts out to sea, and in an ironic twist, eventually ends up on a distance shore near a village of Smurfettes.
- Pairing(s): Hefty x OC, and a few others...maybe.
- Comments: One of those tales that just goes to show distaff counterparts can be likable and interesting, and not just boring gender-swapped carbon copies of the dudes. The author also gives a few of the canon characters some nice Hidden Depths. Also, just because these fics contain pairings does not mean they are the only focus of the plot. We have plenty of adventure/action/drama here. In fact it feels like it could be an actual episode.
- Recommended by Springertrap
- Crossover with: Disney Fairies
- Status: Dead
- Synopsis: Once again, the Smurfs are whisked into the portal. But this time, they're not going to New York. They're off to a place called Neverland, with Gargamel hard on their heels. When they meet the Fairies, they think they've got some breathing space. But will that last long when Gargamel teams up with Captain Hook? Some Smurf/Fairy.
- Pairing(s): There is some Smurf/Fairy, though it's rather light thus far.
- Comments: It's a mash of the movie universe and the cartoon. So far it's been very promising, nice, and interesting. Granted, not much has happened plot-wise, but the story has only just begun. If you're a fan of the Smurfs, or Disney Fairies, or both, I'd definitely recommend it.