Proof that the remaining 10% is worth dying for here:
These are recommendations made by tropers for The Outsiders Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Darry knew that he wouldn't sleep well again until he managed to fix this. And he hoped desperately that he would be able to find a way to fix this. There just had to be a way to make this better. And he was going to find it, no matter how long it took. He was going to bring his brothers home.
- Comments: This is an excellent answer to the common fandom question of "What would happen if Soda and Pony were sent to a boy's home?" This is a very well written fanfic that shows the depths of how far Darry is willing to go to keep his family together. Although it focuses on Darry, Soda, Ponyboy, Two-Bit, and Steve are given their own unique spotlight each of them kept in character. In addition, the author has done their research, and it shows especially in social services of the 1960s and head trauma.
- Recommended by noticemenot
- Comments: Though the account has been inactive for some time, FeistyFeist has written dozens of character-driven stories that study the relationship between Ponyboy and his brothers, mostly as sequels to the novel. All of them are well written, and there's a range of genres from crime to humor to even supernatural. Definitely worth checking out if you're interested in seeing how the rest of Ponyboy's coming-of-age happens.
- Recommended by DamagedHen
- Comments: VoicesOffCamera has written character-driven fanfics that also capture the bonds of friendship between the gang in very emotional fanfics. The author is best known for their Vietnam fanfics which are incredibly well researched and explore all facades of war from the agonizing wait for loved ones to return from war to the trauamas faced by returning vets. Outside of Vietnam fics, the author has written various other The Outsiders fanfics that range from humor to drama.