These are recommendations made by Tropers for The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, all of which have been signed. After a few samples, you will be able to judge whether you might be interested in the 'fic, based on who recommended it. No-name recommendations will be zapped. Nobody would back up the rec. Discussion of the recommendation is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to the watchlist, if need be.
Mandy's Metropolis by frogman
- Recommended by: The Otaku Ninja
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: After traveling to a post apocalyptic society, Billy discovers a secret deep inside the halls of the empress' palace. Unbeknownst to him, his discovery will trigger a series of events that will decide the fate of humanity for years to come.
- Comments: This is a rather long story, which capture's the mood of the show pretty well, complete with it's pitch-black humor, and does keep everyone pretty much in character while giving a compelling story.
- Recommended by: agitation
- Pairing: Slow-burn Billy and Mandy.
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Mandy is on her path to power when her world is turned upside down, forcing Grim, Billy and her into hiding. Isolated together Mandy will question her choices as Billy begins to show a different side, all the while their hunter begins its long search.
- Comments: Inspired by the above, this one managed to create a thrilling plot while keeping true to the characters of the source material.
The Taste Of Pomegranates by Doormouse
- Recommended by Extraintrovert, and Joebro
- Pairing: Grim/Mandy
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Grim is recalled to the Underworld to fulfill his duties, something Mandy will not allow, even if she must literally fight all The Legions of Hell to prevent herself from losing him.
- Comments: Uses multitudes of elements from Greek Mythology (if the title isn't a large enough clue) and The Divine Comedy.
- Also, unlike many Grim/Mandy shipping fics, in no way is this similar to Bleedman's work.
- Recommended by Truec
- Status: Dormant
- Pairing: hints of Mandy/Harry, with some Eris/Ron played for laughs
- Synopsis: Instead of moving to Endsville where she would meet and, for lack of a better word, befriend Billy, Mandy moved to England as a child, and 'befriended' her new neighbor, Harry Potter. Several years later, when a letter from a certain magical school arrives, Mandy refuses to be left behind, and has Grim whip up a solution. Features students Harry, Mandy, Nergal Jr., and Eris, and Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Hoss Delgado.
- Comments: Brilliant and hilarious, showcasing exactly what one would expect when Grim Adventures hits Harry Potter head on.
- Seconded by kahlen369 It's surprisingly believable. All the characters are spot-on (i.e. Snape, Dumbledore, McGonagall, etc.) It has the original flavor of BOTH shows. The plot is inventive and funny. The only bad thing about it is the EXTREMELY slow update rate. The last update took 4 years... But it's still not a dead fic (hopefully)
- Thirded by rikkuni. Funny, retains the Harry Potter feeling AND characterization? This is it!
- Fourthed by Tropical Snow. This deserves to go down in the fanfiction Hall of Fame as one of the most epic things ever. All the characters still retain their personalities but with a few twists and it's so darn entertaining!
- Fifthed by autobot. An amazing fic. At the end of first year, upon returning to Privet Drive, we find out Coop and maybe Jaime have moved to Britain.