These are recommendations made by tropers for Tangled: The Series fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page, though; that goes on the discussion page.
- Recommended by Storygirl 000
- One of the co-creators of the Moon Powers!Varian AU, Aqua specializes in and excels at writing AU stories for the series. Definitely worth a look.
long be hidden by AquaQuadrant
- Recommended by: Storygirl 000
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: When Varian is kidnapped by a mysterious cult following who aim to unleash the power of the moon inside of him, he discovers things about himself, his family, and the kindred spirit who saves him in more ways than one.
- Pairings: Varian/OC (Not quite the focus of the story)
- Comments: Takes place a few months after the season 1 finale. The OC is well-written and likable, and the interactions between them and Varian are done well. Definitely worth checking out.
- Tags: Non-binary OC, Moon Powers!Varian
Tangled: The Series: A Speculative Continuation by DaoAdreian
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: This is a speculative continuation of Tangled: The Series post Season 1. It follows Rapunzel and her friends and their efforts to uncover the mystery of the rocks and Varian's journey of discovery.
- Pairings: Rapunzel/Eugene
- Comments: The story is well-written and pays heavy attention to details as well as relationships. The interactions between Rapunzel and Varian are very complex and character accurate. The original characters all have unique characterization and contribute to the plot in meaningful ways. It reads like a genuine continuation of the series if a little darker. The author is an aspiring author, meaning the story reads like a novel.
Gauze in the Wound by CodyNaomiSwire
- Recommended by: AJ Smith
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: After the events of Secret of the Sundrop, Xavier the blacksmith takes on Varian as his apprentice in an attempt to help him heal. Little do they know that, right under their noses, there is a conspiracy unfolding that threatens all of Corona...
- Comments: The story is extremely well-written and pays heavy attention to emotion and character development. The pacing and general tone of the story feel very genuine, making Varian's redemption seem more realistic.