- Recommended by Trocyte
- Status: Implied hiatus, approaching dormancy (main story is done, epilogue appears to be in Development Hell)
- The greater series this fic is part of, however, is dead by definitionnote according to Word of God from another author who writes for the same universe.
- Synopsis: A sequel to this story. Catching up to the events of the second game, Ane, now a proud leader of a task force, becomes the center of several developments that could turn the tide of the war. But as he and his friends work to follow them to their end, things quickly take a turn into the psychological side of affairs...
- Comments: This is part of a much larger series; the reading order is pinned up nicely on the page of another author here (you may need to scroll down to see it.) Note that despite the two major arcs coexisting in the same universe, it appears to be strictly a Shared Universe besides some connections, as the author-specific characters never meet the others. Overall, this particular story is well-written (if lacking in syntax) but some people may want a box of tissues at their side. Just in case.
- Collectively, the stories have been known to at the very least dabble in serious subjects, including but not limited to PTSD, Dysfunctional Family/Big, Screwed-Up Family (when these tropes are played realistically and in a dark undertone), domestic/child abuse, bullying, and, of course, War is Hell. Can also be considered a Deconstruction Fic for the Garden Warfare games and indeed rips apart quite a few tropes for added drama.
- Pairings: Chomper/Cactus, the usual Peashooter/Sunflower (the latter is not explicitly stated or pointed towards but still heavily implied)
- Tags: Dark Fic - for a franchise like Plants vs. Zombies, this can't be stressed enough. The same can be applied to the series this fic is part of.
Fanfic Recs / Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare