Proof that the remaining 10% is worth facing your true self.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Persona 2 fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Dust in the Air Suspended by Stealth_Noodle
- Recommended by: piddlesworth, Bookwormtiff
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: The dead timeline lives on, and Katsuya Suou stubbornly persists in it. His brother is determined to do better.
- Comments: An absolutely beautiful piece set post-Eternal Punishment, in the world everyone left behind. The characterization is spot-on, especially in how it portrays Tatsuya's relationship with his brother. It even manages to end things on a hopeful note. If the ending of Eternal Punishment ripped your soul out, give this a read, but beware of spoilers.
Anything by cross
- Recommended by: Bookwormtiff
- Comments: They've written a sizeable portion of the few Persona 2 fics in existence, and the thing is - they're an absolutely incredible writer, so the lack of fic doesn't hurt as it ought to, since what's there is superb. Last Test and Proof comes especially recommended, as well as you are loved and the same mistake twice. Mostly Tatsuya/Jun, with a few Jun-centric studies - all well-written, and character voice is also well done (there's a dangerous edge to Jun in some pieces, which is a nice touch).
City on the Edge of Forever by Patchworkearth
- Recommended by: thezogg
- Status: Dormant; last updated November 2017
- Synopsis: Living after the end of the world is hard. Living with yourself is harder. Tatsuya Suou comes home to find not everything is where he left it... and some scores are yet left unsettled.
(Or, "Persona 2: Atonement")
A post-EP epilogue of the Other Side... but why are his friends still there? Why has someone new donned the Joker mask? Who are the City of Heaven cultists? Why is Kei Nanjo working with Tatsuzou Sudou? And can Tatsuya work up the courage to ask that damned boy out on a date, or what? A story of finding a place to belong.
- Comments: A fic that finally gives the long-ignored Persona 2 duology some love. It tells an Ensemble Cast story of the survivors of Sumaru City trying to eke out an existence in Nyarlathotep's world as Tatsuya returns to face the friends he left behind. The writer knows every old-school Persona character like the back of their hand giving even the most minor characters the spotlight.