Proof that the remaining 10% is worth surviving Murphy's Law for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Milo Murphy's Law fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by nebodija
- Crossover with: Pokémon, specifically Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Milo, Melissa, and Zack travel around the Hoenn region and generally cause chaos wherever they go to friend and foe alike. In addition to their personal goals, they have to contend with rivals and crime syndicates too.
- Comments: Original Flavour is in play here, to hilarious results. Characterizations are extremely faithful, the sense of humor is spot-on and every opportunity for jokes is exploited to the maximum, be it Pokémon jokes or just the usual surrealism of Murphy's law, which manages to be even funnier with everything converted into Pokémon (with just as many fires and explosions). And don't get me started on the ridiculous Pokémon-themed brand names.
- Recommended by BrandyElsen
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A fantasy AU story following the lives of the Guardians: Cavendish, Dakota, Brick, Savannah and Orton, and the newest Guardian Milo after his birth. However, shortly after his birth, Milo is separated from his family and his realm by a villainous plot. Thirteen years later, he and Melissa embark on a journey to discover their heritage, while a war threatens to tear the realm apart.
- Comments: While there is some Early Installment Weirdness in the early chapters, the story itself is quite incredible and establishes its lore throughout the fic. I found myself hooked on it rather quickly, and the ending leaves a few loose ends ready for the sequel (currently in progress) that have me only looking forward to the further adventures of Milo and the Pistachio Guardians. Do note that there are some spelling and grammar errors, as English is not the author's first language, but even taking that into account, the story is quite the fun ride!
- Recommended by CamiSpeedRacer
- Status: Dead; last updated January 2017
- Synopsis: Bradley's never questioned Emperor Doofenshmirtz's rule over the Tri-State Area—it was just a fact of life, and his family was part of the Elites so it never caused too many problems. However, when he meets Melissa Chase of the Resistance after seeing something at Doof's headquarters, he can't help but rethink things... Meanwhile, Melissa is concerned with relocating her best friend she hasn't seen in years despite no signs of him. At least, no signs until she runs into a snarky Elite kid.
- Comments: Taking place during Doofenshmirtz-2's reign of the Tri-State Area, this story provides a plausible explanation as to what the Milo Murphy's Law cast was going through. While Doof-2 does some things that would never happen in the show, his actions are still perfectly in character. It was also created on a challenge to out-angst some Second Dimension headcanons, and it delivers.
The Excalibur Saga by Albertson
- Recommended by ArendAlphaEagle
- Status: Complete
- Crossover with: Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb and Star vs. the Forces of Evil
- Pairing(s): One-sided Shane/Milo, Milo/Amanda, Dipper/Pacifica, Star/Marco, Zack/Melissa
- Synopsis: A new kid called Shane Miller joins Milo's school, but soon after, Milo and his friends get entangled in a conspiracy Shane is somehow connected to. Namely, the Excalibur Institute, who tries and does anything to prevent the return of Bill Cipher, who himself tries and does anything to get back to Earth and seize it.
- Comments: For a first fanfic series, this isn't half bad. Here, we see a mega-crossover that happens after the events of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls, as well as "Missing Milo" and "The Battle For Mewni" (meaning this episode passes into AU territory). This fanfic contains cute moments between Milo and Amanda, a love triangle between them and the OC Shane (who crushes on Milo), Bill Cipher and his Magnificent Bastard tendencies, such as him tricking Phineas in building the same portal he tricked Ford into making, and a rather interesting dynamic between Bill and the institute's captain, Albert Stevens, with a history that parallels a Mewnian fairytale.
- Recommended by RockRaider
- Crossover with: Animal Crossing
- Status: Dormant; last updated June 2017
- Synopsis: Milo, Zack, Melissa, and Sara decide to spend the summer in the town of Fortuna with their penpals. Of course, they get more than they anticipated when Milo's made the new mayor.
- Recommended by OrangeRatchet
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Amanda reflects on her time during the school dance and how Milo had saved it from impending disaster, causing her to rethink her feelings.
- Pairing(s): Slight Milo x Amanda
- Comments: This fanfic relays an interesting take of events from Amanda's Point of View, and still keeps her in character whilst reflecting on events and hints at a possible connection towards Milo. It's a short fanfiction, but it is enough to know how much Amanda conveys her feelings in this fanfic.