Since they have their own little Lore forum, the brave souls that have come before you have done the grunt work in finding the little gems that may or may not exist in the huge piles of steaming crap that clutter up the forum. Sturgeon's Law in full affect, of course.
- Slygoat has two pieces, both of which are pretty good. However, at this time I believe he's abandoned both projects. Both recommended by Cloak And Dagger 921.
- Renekton Bot is someone's alternate account that's been used to give us hilarious pieces. All while staying in character.His version of Renekton's League Judgement (Complete) was highly praised. Even by the Riot Staff. I highly suggest you Google search the League of Legends forums for posts by Renekton Bot. Definitely not a bad way to spend a few hours. Also, recommended by Cloak And Dagger 921.
- League Judgment - Jayce, the Hero of Everything, Forever Another one by Renekton bot. This is a quickie making fun of the bad writing of Jayce's original lore.
- DT 777 is another one of the readable writers. No. 777 777 is a short story about a chemist getting revenge for a perceived slight. Again, my (Cloak And Dagger 921) recommendation.
- Rogue's Ascendance, being hosted on Fanfiction.net attempts to make a story out of Talon's past up until the time he decides to enter the League of Legends. The chapters are quite short and quite slow paced at the start but the author does a good work of creating new short story arcs which Talon might have gone through before joining the League. Some new story-exclusive characters are there, although familiar faces such as Katarina, Cassiopeia, and Garen all play some part in the story.
- Vanished from the internet. Please post a link if found.
- Dragon Rising (Complete) is one of the few action-driven League of Legends fanfics out there. A Master Yi story with extremely fluid and professional writing and a riveting plot makes this one of the great ones. Has a sequel in progress. The story is, Master Yi abandons the league to find an ancient sword (called Dragon Rising) for strength enough to carry out his revenge against Singed. But the league sends champions right after him, and even once Yi does gain the sword, he has to deal with the price of such power.
- Steel Revolution, a Humor and Friendship fic by Narayan K that features our favorite Shadow Isles juggernaut, Mordekaiser, the Iron Revenant. After staying in isolation for an extended period of time, Mordekaiser finally returns back to the rest of the world...and is promptly thrown into utterly HILARIOUS shenanigans that he must now deal with while keeping his sanity in check. This is a unique take on Mordekaiser that's also funny as all hell, and despite his intimidating (and relatively anti-social personality) he DOES manage to make some new non-Shadow Isles friends in interesting ways, the most notable of them being Sona. The story itself is pretty well-written despite, or perhaps because of the light-hearted tone. While many of the chapters act as stand-alone events at first, they do gradually form a type of continuity over time (this is more apparent in the older version of the fic, as the current version is a reboot in progress). Takes place in old lore, but with new lore elements. Recommended by Shadow Lord Heishin.
- NOTE: This is NOT a Mordekaiser shipping fic.
- The oldest version is here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9379773/1/Steel-Revolution-Oldest (Dormant)
- Recommended by Prometheus117
- Status: Complete
- Crossover with Halo
- Synopsis: The Master Chief finds himself stranded on a strange new world filled with odd new allies and deadly new enemies. As he attempts to find a way back home, dark forces begin their quest for utter domination, content with the knowledge that nothing from their world can stop them. Rated T for light swearing, relationships, and mild violence.
- Comments: Exactly as the synopsis might suggest, this is the story of the Master Chief after the events of Halo 3, having crash-landed on Runeterra in his part of the Foward Unto Dawn. While it starts off as typical crossovers, in which "X joins the League of Legends in trying to get back home", this is immediately thrown a curveball with the fact that Cortana is seemingly killed in the initial crash, forcing the Chief out of his comfort zone as he attempts to first avoid, then later adapt to getting to know his fellow Champions while waiting for a way to get home. This is even further thrown a curveball when the fic stops being about the Chief settling in like typical crossovers and has to aid in the fight against a mecha army created through data stolen from the Dawn, fighting alongside his fellows as they seek to save Valorian from utter destruction. Aside from that, the fight scenes are epic, as the Chief is not nearly as broken as one might expect against his fellow Champions and enemies, and the Character Development the Chief goes through is rather in-character for him. All in all, a worthwhile read.
The Misadventures Of Veigar and Lulu by Rivini
- Recommended By: SCAL37
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: Lulu falls for Veigar, who starts to reciprocate, and their fellings start interfering with League matches. Meanwhile, Teemo has disappeared, and Irelia goes on a quest to find Riot HQ to take her revenge on Morello for all the Nerfs.
- Pairings: Veigar/Lulu, Tristana/Teemo, Rumble/Tristana, Pantheon/Leona, Nidalee/Rengar, Gragas—>Sejuani.
The Only Truth by Kittytoast
- Recommended By: CommandoDude
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A story which initially follows League canon from Garen's point of view, dealing with his relationship with Katarina. Eventually, the story diverges from canon, leading both to begin uncovering a sinister plot with consequences reaching far beyond the simple difficulties of their budding romance.
- Pairings: Garen/Katarina, Jarvan/Shyvana, hinted Talon/Lux, hinted Irelia/Riven
- Recommended By: Bozeia
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: All magic comes with a price. Six possible timelines for Twisted Fate and Graves, five that could have happened instead of canon, and one that could come after.
- Pairings: It is stated to be a Twisted Fate/Graves fic but most of the romance is somewhat out of focus, not there at all, or completely overshadowed by more prescient feelings of enmity or indifference. It's much more about the scope of their partnership from Twisted Fate's point of view and it takes pains to examine the status quo antagonism too (among other things, including the possibility of reconciliation between them in canon).
- Comments: It's a short fic using each of Twisted Fate's skins as the themes by which it explores any and all possibilities surrounding the circumstances wherein Twisted Fate sold out (or didn't) Graves for a chance at attaining magic. The second chapter is from Graves' point of view and offers a pretty creative canon explanation for the Underworld skin. The great writing and pacing is just icing on the cake. Definitely give this a read!
Guiding Light by Cerubois
- Recommended By: Zeralyos
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Riven has been accepted into the League of Legends, but without a real purpose. She's still an outcast, only now she's forced to cooperate with others in a foreign situation. Was this a mistake, or can Riven find some benefit to being here?
- Pairings: Riven/Lux
- Comments: Guiding Light is a very well-written fanfic by Cerubois featuring path to closure for two very conflicted main characters. The fact that the enitire story is written in a very realistic and believable way just adds to the quality of the fic.
- Recommended By: Saro2775
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: An odd series of events bring two champions from opposing sides clashing together. Yet, the more time Irelia spends with the sovereign, the more intrigued she becomes with the dangerous mage. Opposite sides clash together before finally forming a bond that is worn and weathered, but never broken.
- Pairings: Syndra/Irelia
- Comments: Behind the Veil of Power is a fanfiction dedicated to Sydra x Irelia. In my opinion, it's excellently written and the characters, especially Syndra, are close to their canon personality, but when you get deeper into the plot you get to know as why Syndra and Irelia behave like they do. I love the way the relationship between the both Ionians develops from contempt to friendship to love. Also the overall feeling and atmosphere is great, it's a fluent and easy yet captivating read. I'm only halfway through it by now though but I really do look forward to get deeper into it.
Follow The Wind by Tahimikamaxtli
- Recommended By: Tarenthel57
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: Yasuo has always lived with the wind by his side. But when it turns on him, he must find his own path: to clear his name, to seek the truth. He does not know where his path will take him, but he is prepared for anything that will face him. Or so he thinks. Riven is lost, but she does not know what it is she looks for. Is it forgiveness? Is it strength? Or is it something else?
- Pairings: Yasuo/Riven
- Comments: Follow The Wind is a narrative that follows the struggles of Yasuo and Riven as they battle with their inner demons and work to forge themselves a brighter path to tomorrow. While it's 50+ chapters may intimidate, the author does a remarkable job of parallelling the Character's similarities and the hardships they went through, examining their Not So Different nature and growing feelings for one another whilst underlining and building up on the inevitable tragic circumstances under which they are fated to meet. The Author schedules new chapters to be released each week on Monday.
The Heart of a Starchild by Daudi Kaupmadr
- Status: Dormant; last updated January 2018
- Synopsis: Warwick, a savage creature born from perverse science and alchemy, uses his abilities to rid the streets of Zaun of crime, if only to curb his murderous instincts and to make up for the sins he made when he was still a man. Upon hunting down one such criminal to the island nation of Ionia and suffering grievous injuries from the fight, he is found and cared for by a kindly being named Soraka.
- Pairings: Warwick/Soraka
- Comments: Since League of Legends seems to be updating its lore on the characters very frequently, this fic took it upon itself to find a way to make Warwick's newest lore (in which he doesn't interact with Soraka like he did in his last three lore updates) find a way to intermingle with Soraka (who still keeps the old lore on League of Legend's official site, making very little sense and leaving only the biggest of plot holes until they update it) in a manner that mirrors the old narration that had prior been what we followed - only, this possesses an apparent romance between the two leads now and a more complex storyline centered around Warwick attempting to uncover any shred of humanity he may still have.