Proof that the remaining 10% is worth leaving the nest for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Haibane Renmei Fan Fics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
Do warn when a fanfic may head into non-canon territory. Some people just don't like it, and as we all know, Shipping is Serious Business.You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
Before We Had Wings by Shadsie
- Recommended by Nightelf
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: A set of vignettes about the various Haibane, and the events that eventually brought them to Glie.
- Comments: It's a massive Tear Jerker, especially considering that children are involved; do not read without Kleenex nearby, because you're going to need it. There are spoilers about the Haibane themselves (and Reki and Rakka in particular), but overall the story is well worth the read.
Haibane Renmei: C O R P O R A T I O N by ArkNorth
- Recommended by Ananonymuscat and Ajobforsuperman
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: The history of mankind is a lie. All knowledge, all memories, anything from before 220 years ago is false. And it is because of my work that this is so. My name is Claudius Ptolemy... scientist, philosopher, engineer, dreamer... What a fool I was...
- Comments: What happens when you cross awesome with awesome? Awesome happens. Very well thought out fic that combines Haibane Renmei with several other fanfics and makes it work. Part of a huge overweaving story but can be read alone. It's that's well put together. Be sure to set some time aside from reading this fic, because the chapters are long, but at the same time don't drag on and on.
Mado of Stone Mill by unknown
- Recommended by Ruise, Indalecio, Willbyr
- Status: Complete
- Synopsis: An unofficial sequel taking place four months after the end of the anime, highlighting the life of a haibane called Mado.
- Comments: A charming fanfic unofficially declared Fanon. You be the judge.