Proof that the remaining 10% is worth denying the aegis for here.
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Dota 2 fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. You can do it by expanding on the synopsis and/or pertinent tags, or linking similar or related fanfics. Reviews are also encouraged, but please make sure to make the reviews have substance; if you simply want to recommend a fic without an extensive review, put your Troper name in the Recommended by line of the fic in question.
Discussion of any recommendations is welcome on the discussion page. As such discussion is important, do remember to add the discussion page to your watchlist, if necessary.
Nightsilver Tales by achus93
- Recommended by: Steel Dusk
- Status: Ongoing
- Synopsis: Follow the day to day lives of the people inside the Dark Moon Coffee Shop, where they face trials, roadblocks and annoying people who get on their nerves. A Slice-of-Life, Modern-AU Dota 2 fic, featuring Luna, Mirana, Mortred, Shendel, Lanaya, and many more to come.
- Comments: An excellent AU fanfic that takes a look at the life of the heroes if they were living in a world similar to ours, though most of their backstories are mostly unchanged from the original, instead adapted to better fit the setting.
- Recommended by : calico binder
- Status: Dormant; last updated December 2017
- Synopsis : Sometimes, running away from your problems works. Sometimes it doesn't. Join the life of 15-year-old Yurnero, who travels to an ancient home with his companion, Sven. Here, everyone is satisfied. But discontent begins to settle in when a new person joins the home... Note: The story is not based on Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, the title is just a play on it.
- Comments: Really engaging story with mysterious prologue. The author mixes a teen high school mood with fantasy and fiction. A wide range of characters are used and the lores are tweaked to give each hero a reason for escaping their home.
A Hero's Welcome to Valoran by Knight in Blackest Armor
- Recommended by: Boss Key
- Status: Dormant
- Synopsis: A small flotilla of vessels commanded by the venerable Grand Admiral Kunkka was sent to investigate and try to deal with the anomalous activities occurring in a neighboring set of islands. Little did the grand admiral know that this very important assignment will place him and his Radiant comrades into world-changing positions in Valoran. (Description from fanfiction.net)
- Crossover with League of Legends