Proof that the remaining 10% is worth forcing yourself out of retirement for here:
These are recommendations made by Tropers for Big Guy and Rusty fanfics, all of which have to be signed to stay on the page. Feel free to add a fanfic of your own to the list, but remember to use the template found here.
You can also add to the current recommendations if you want. Refrain from posting Conversation in the Main Page though; that goes in the discussion page.
- Recommended by: Tempscire, Ranchoth
- Pairing(s): Garth/Jo, (implied) Erika Slate/Dwayne Hunter
- Synopsis: A Darker and Edgier retelling of the show starting with Rusty's debut— in the author's words, "a total 'what if?' situation that explores certain features that we (my friends and I) thought would occur during or would be necessary for the Big Guy Project."
- Status: Dead
- Comments: Like the show, only moreso. The retro part of BG&R's retro-futurism is embraced more prominently, and one of the most noticeable changes is in Lt. Hunter's characterization (to very psychologically damaged as a result of his involvement in the BGY-11 project). For being something of a Dark Fic, though, it doesn't wallow in angst. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in years, but the chapters that did get published are an interesting treatment of the show and the characters. (Slate/Hunter pairing is implied because while they do have shippy moments, the author stopped updating before they go anywhere.)
''Be Careful What You Wish For by Dr. Seth
- Recommended by: Tempscire
- Synopsis: What is Jenny and why? These are questions she would rather not think about but that keep cropping up when she least wants to face them...
- Status: Complete
- Comments: Another fic from Dr. Seth that again focuses on introducing more realism to the situations the characters face. This one starts out with Rusty dealing with remaining a boy robot as his human friend grows up. The rest of the chapters are from Jenny's perspective as she deals with the opposite problem: being a very human mind in a very animal body that's aging far quicker than her human associates. Bonus: Donovan is shown to be more than a greedy jerkass.