Yu-Gi-Oh! Xross is a Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfiction written by Hawkatana, which can be found here. The story follows Yuga Senku, as he's accidentally drawn into a conflict between humans and a race of extra-dimensional beings called Arkons.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Xross provides examples of:
- Alternate Continuity: Word of god has confirmed that this series exists in a separate universe to the rest of the Yu-Gi-Oh! canon.
- Anyone Can Die: To quote Raiz:Raiz: The very nature of the Mirror Dimension grants monsters physical forms. When your Life Points fall to zero, you will almost certainly die from the wounds you sustain.
- Boring, but Practical: The King's Marks, allows the bearer to enter and exit the Mirror Dimension whenever they please.
- Calling Your Attacks: it's a Yu-Gi-Oh! story.
- Cosmic Horror Story: A group of beings from another dimension far greater than us in power and durability have decided to invade our dimension for unknown reasons.
- Darker and Edgier: Than the source material at least. Raiz attempts to kill Yuga by throwing a concrete pillar at him.
- Lampshade Hanging:Yuga: And I thought my hair was crazy.
- Legion of Doom: "The Council", a group of allied Arkons.
- Lovecraft Lite: The Arkons are a race of beings far superior to humans who can travel to our world via the Mirror Dimension.
- Jigsaw Puzzle Plot: The Arkons, the King's Marks, Cross Magician, the true nature of the Mirror Dimension, none of this is known yet.
- Mirror Monster: The Mirror Dimension can make them occur. Duel monsters take on a physical form in this world and can even inflict REAL DAMAGE.
- Mythology Gag: Yuga uses Pot of Desires in a duel and is about to explain what it does, before he's interrupted by an "I know". Referencing the "What does Pot of Greed do?" meme.
- "On the Next Episode of..." Catchphrase: "See you!"
- Phantom Zone: The Mirror Dimension. It appears as a deserted Left-Right flipped version of Yuga's world.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Yuga outright references the site at one pointYuga: Youre talking and carrying yourself like a greater scope villain, but you dont look like youre in charge.
- Shout-Out: Word of God confirms that the series was partially based on Kamen Rider Ryuki, Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.