Yu-Gi-Oh! Nexus is a Blog Series made by WarMixedSoul on TV.com. In it, a 14-year old Duelist, Yukio Kuono, has his life changed when he encounters Shadow and the Numbers cards.
Can be read here!
This work contains examples of:
- Badass Longcoat: Miyoko wears a white one
- Determinator: Yukio
- Kid Hero: Yukio, The Hero, is 14.
- Childhood Friends: Yukio, Kazumi and Seiji
- Damsel in Distress: By the looks of Episode 6's preview, Kazumi.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Yukio's partner card is Shadow Crusader
- Defeat Means Friendship: Or, at least, defeating a Numbers causes it to become one of your cards.
- Disappeared Dad / Missing Mom: Yukio and Satomi's parents died eight years before the series started
- Eternal English: Subverted. In Shadow's world, the word "Teacher" means "Father".
- Expy: Yukio and Shadow seem to be based partly off Yuma and Astral.
- Fearless Fool: Yukio
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: Yukio does this to Shadow to break him out of his BSOD.
- Go Mad From Being Defeated: Yukio's friends seem to think this when it looks like Yukio's about to lose
- Heroic BSoD: Shadow, after he learns the information he was told of the Numbers Door was a lie.
- Hot-Blooded: Yukio and Ryuu.
- It's Personal: Akiyo's motive in the third episode against the Kendo Instructor.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Akiyo seems to believe so anyway.
- Meaningful Name: Like all Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonists, the main character's name begins with Yu.
- Mind Rape: Miyoko tries to inflict this on Shadow.
- Mr. Exposition: Defied in the first episode. Kazumi begins to explain what Yukio can do after summoning a monster, but Seiji tells her he knows what it can do and cheers for Yukio.
- Shout-Out: Number 59 - Sunflare Unicorn was created as a My Little Pony OC.
- Spirit Advisor: Shadow to Yukio, Number 23 to Akiyo, Scarlet to Miyoko
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: Yukio's right iris turns gold when he summons Shadow Crusader for the first time. It does so again in episode 5.
- ¡Three Amigos!: Yukio, Seiji and Kazumi
- Vitriolic Best Buds: This is Yukio, who though sees Shadow as a friend, he has a limitless reserve of anger towards him in arguments and fights with him daily.
- Weirdness Magnet: Yukio lampshades it in Episode 3.