YANDERE SUMIA, by InsaneBird91, is a Fire Emblem Awakening fic that, as one might expect, is about Sumia being a Yandere. When Chrom marries Maribelle instead of Sumia, Sumia takes matters into her own hand, but will killing all her rivals make Chrom choose her?
The fic can be found here, and as a one-shot, is complete.
Tropes associated with Yandere Sumia
- Abusive Parents: Cordelia raises her daughter for the purpose of saving Chrom's life, and emotionally abuses her when she refuses.
- Ass Shove: Sumia does this to Olivia, using her spear.
- Blasphemous Boast: Glass utters his signature "The gods fear my name" line.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Sumia after she's killed all her competition, and Chrom still doesn't choose her.Sumia: DAMN IT CHROM, YOU FUCKING IDIOT! I LOVE YOU MORE THAN THE WAIFUS I KILLED SO YOU CAN ACCEPT ME! WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU ACCEPT ME?
- Composite Character: "Severa" is actually Lucina, as the daughter of Maribelle and Chrom, and is also charged with traveling back in time to save Chrom. She also had her hair dyed red, like Severa's, appears to have an exaggerated version of Severa's bitterness over Cordelia's continuing infatuated version with Chrom.
- Crossover: Glass from The Blazing Blade appears at the end to assassinate Cordelia.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The fic is about Sumia being a Yandere.
- Cordelia, who canonically struggles with her unrequited love for Chrom, along with other inadequacies, is completely obsessed with Chrom, to the point where she'd raise his daughter as a Tyke Bomb to prevent his death.
- Severa, inasmuch as the renamed Lucina counts as her, goes from being a girl who loves her mother even if she dislikes living in Cordelia's shadow and Cordelia's continuing preoccupation with Chrom to being nothing but defiant and rude toward Cordelia.
- Fourth Date Marriage: Chrom's hasty marriage to Olivia is lampshaded here.Chrom married Olivia, whom he just met recently. He doesn't know her well, but she has a NICE ass, which is the main reason why he married her.
- If I Can't Have You...: Sumia kills Chrom when he refuses to marry a "waifu killer" like her.
- Improbable Weapon User: Sumia uses "boob missiles" to kill the Female Avatar.
- Impromptu Tracheotomy: Sumia stabs Maribelle in the throat with a knife.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Sumia does this to all of the other possible choices for Chrom's wife- Maribelle, Sully, Olivia, the Female Avatar and the Maiden.note
- No Name Given: The Female Avatar, as well as the Maiden ("generic village girl").
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Sumia goes on a progressively violent one as Chrom refuses to marry her.
- Sanity Slippage: Sumia is arguably unhinged to begin with, but it gets especially bad when Chrom chooses the Maiden, screaming obscenities as she demands to know why Chrom still won't pick her.
- Shout-Out: Sumia "goes Metal Gear Solid" before killing Maribelle with a knife.
- Shut Up, Hannibal!: When Cordelia confronts Sumia over Chrom's death, Sumia says that Chrom doesn't love Cordelia either. Cordelia says "He may not love me, BUT I WILL AVENGE HIS DEATH FOR JUSTICE!" before killing Sumia.
- That's an Order!: Cordelia to Severa, combined with Precision F-Strike, when the latter refuses to travel back in time to save Chrom's life.
- Villain Protagonist: Sumia is the focus character, as well as a murderous Yandere who kills all her friends and the man she loves.
- Wolverine Claws: Cordelia uses these to kill Sumia.
- Yandere: Sumia. If the title doesn't make it obvious enough, her killing her competition for Chrom, as well as Chrom himself when he rejects her, will.
- Your Head Asplode: Sumia's "boob missiles" blow up the Female Avatar's head.