At the start of the Cylon War, the Caprican (sic) Fifth Fleet was sent into deep space to avoid believed subversion by the rebels. So the still-loyal Cylon crew waited for decades, for a relief of new human command that never came. With the passing of decades, the Command Intelligence, Naval Operations decides it is time for them to make their return to the Cyrannus system and await new orders. Their appearance, however, stirs up the Colonial hornet's nest, setting the rebels' Plan Off the Rails.
This fanfic contains examples of the following:
- BFG: The standard loyalist firearm is 15mm and only goes up.
- Boarding Party: The loyalists pull this on a rebel Basestar.
- Expy: The loyalists' behaviour is modelled in part on Bolos.
- Normal Fish in a Tiny Pond: The 0005 Cylons (the "Loyalists,") are outfitted with weapons and tactics that seem to work absurdly well against other cylons... until you remember that they were designed to fight other armored targets like themselves. The modern cylons and centurions, on the other hand, focused all their attention on fighting against the humans, and thus their capability of fighting off other cylons lessened.
- Railing Kill: The loyalist ED-1 pulls this on a rebel Model 007.
- Ramming Always Works: When a group of loyalists encounter some rebel Basestars, the one Strikestar that loses its FTL drive to damage rams a Basestar. Comes with Lampshade Hanging on the low damage dealt and the skill needed to pull it off.
- Taught by Experience: Having had to remove their internal networks to avoid subversion risk, the loyalists had to put a lot of effort into making things work the manual way. Detailed post.