Winter in the Winds is a Game of Thrones fanfic concerning events after Season 6.
Tropes that appear in this fanfic:
- Adaptational Heroism: Instead of brushing off Tommen's suicide as she did in the show, Cersei is devastated by his death.
- Age Lift: Willas Tyrell is now Mace Tyrell's second son instead of eldest son. Likewise, Harlan (changed from Garlan) is now Mace's youngest son.
- Ascended Extra: Euron Greyjoy gets his own POV chapter when he cuts out Falia Flowers' tongue.
- Canon Foreigner: The Frey branch under Walder's second son Emmon makes an appearance, including his wife Genna Lannister.
- Contrived Coincidence: In this fanfic, Sam winds up treating Jorahs greyscale as a final test to become a maester.
- Karma Houdini: Cersei sees Tyrion as one of these, being able to do as he wished without consequences while Cersei was subjected to Robert's whims.
- Ms. Exposition: Genna tells Arya a lot of information about Cersei while in a cell at Riverrun.
- Shaming the Mob: The Sand Snakes take Produce Pelting in stride. For example when Obara gets hit with a piece of bread, she eats it and laughs.
- Spared by the Adaptation:
- The Blackfish, instead of staying behind to die, hid under Brienne and Pod's boat and went to Stone Hedge. He took back Riverrun once, he can do it again.
- Cleos Frey is alive and well instead of getting killed by brigands.
- A recursive example since the fanfic was written before Season 7. Instead of Obara and Nymeria getting killed by Euron, they get captured alongside Yara, Ellaria and Tyene and go on a round of Shaming the Mob while being paraded through the streets.
- You Remind Me of X: Yara's Big Sister Instinct for Theon reminds Tyrion of Jaime.