This page is still under construction. Help is very much needed and appreciated.
Will Of Foxfire is Naruto AU Fan Fic by Quill of Molliemon.It is set in a version of Naruto's world where the world is inhabited by various creatures known as demons, ranging from Kitsune to Werewolves. Ninjas still function much like in the canon, but are also sometimes referred to as "demon hunters", and indeed many of their missions involve hunting demons which pose a threat.The story revolves around several plots which tie in together: Naruto struggling to keep secret the fact that he is a demon himself, Sasuke trying to gain his father's approval (there is no Uchiha massacre in this version), the machinations of Orochimaru and Uzushio, and many, many secrets.The story makes use of the same characterization as Molliemon's other works, including her personal take on blank slates Minato and Kushina.
This work provides examples of:
- Adaptation Expansion: Mito Uzumaki, who appears in only a few chapters in canon in flashbacks, has a far bigger role, and is one of the strongest characters in the story.
- Bad Fosters: Mizuki tries to use Naruto to steal the secret Jutsu scroll, just like in canon. It backfires, but Iruka, Kushina and Minato all note of how bad a guardian Mizuki was to Naruto. Case in point: his signature Orange jacket.
- Broken Pedestal: Sasuke gets this after he's banished from the Uchiha and learns how other people see them.
- Cowardly Lion: Naruto tends to get very skittish and scared unless his Berserk Button is pushed or the time calls for it. Although considering his backstory, it's somewhat justified.
- Dysfunction Junction: Of course.
- Genre Savvy: Iruka gives his class a lesson on Kitsune. When a student points out that they are extinct, Iruka says it would be better to err on the side of caution as they could just be hiding after the genocide of their species.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Orochimaru is an example, and WordOfGod has stated that Gaara would also be this. Naruto is a bit of an odd case of this, being more of a demon/cursed human hybrid.
- Human Mom Nonhuman Dad: Naruto is this, since his dad is a werewolf. It is later shown that he is more like an inversion, since his mother is a Kitsune and his father is a werewolf.
- Hybrid Discrimination: The reason Naruto is in the public care system in the first place.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Jiraiya when he "killed" Minato. Surprisingly, Naruto's Grandfather begrudgingly feels this way about what he did to Naruto considering he banished his grandson (for good yet complicated reasons) and ended up ruining his relationship with Kushina.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Naruto is offered by the Kyuubi the chance to purge him of his Lycanthropy tainted human blood, turning him fully Kitsune so that he can be with his mother.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Minato planned on doing this, but then Naruto found the photos, and wondered why Mangetsu had pictures of his dad...
- Lunacy: Werewolves will only be forced to transform if they look at the full moon- they can avoid the transformation by staying indoors with the windows shut. But it drives them mad, making them extremely twitchy, makes it impossible to sleep and instills them with a powerful urge to look at it- an urge which can lead to A Fate Worse Than Death if they do, because it transforms them permanently and turns them into a mindless killing/biting machine. or, as it turns out, they will sometimes retain their human minds and be able to transform back at sunrise.
- Momma's Boy: Since he was separated from her at a young age, Naruto can be excused from showing some shades of this.
- Oh, Crap!: A very stressed Mikoto vents her frustration (about Sasuke's being exiled from the clan and her husband's attempted murder of Naruto.) on Kushina when they reunite in Konoha. When Kushina calms her down, Mikoto asks why she's back. Kushina responds "Oh, to see Naruto. You know, the boy your husband almost murdered.".
- Older Than They Look Mito Uzumaki is over 200 years old.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Silver allergies and unwilling transformations when gazing at the full moon aside, werewolves also have the ability to speak dog and have enhanced senses even in human form. As a downside, the full moon transformation is permanent. At least sometimes.
- Parental Abandonment/Disappeared Dad: Naruto had some Daddy issues, due to his father being a Werewolf (a trait he inherited) and him seeing that as the source of his problems- Sasuke theorizes that Minato's transformation and subsequent disappearance are the reasons for Naruto's poor opinion of fathers.
- Parents as People: Kushina is impulsive and doesn't act her age at times. Minato is filled with self doubt and guilt. Fugaku is somewhat of a Manipulative Bastard to Sasuke and a Knight Templar.
- PapaWolf/MamaBear: When Minato and Kushina first meet on-screen, they both see the other as a threat to Naruto due to having never seen each others "furry" forms before, and react accordingly. They later calm down after Naruto gets in the middle.
- Poor Communication Kills: Kushina takes Naruto not asking about his father as an excuse not bring him up. However, her reluctance to do so gives Naruto a rather bad opinion on his father which she tries to fix.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Naruto looks a lot like his father.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Sasuke. To an unhealthy degree.
- Your Mom: Nearly gets Sasuke killed considering he brought it up in front of Naruto.