Whirlpool Is a Fanfic written by the author Rikion Invictus for one simple reason: He wanted to see Naruto Uzumaki punch an Endbringer in the face.
As you might suspect from that Summary, it is a crossover between the Superhero Web Serial Worm and the Manga Naruto . In it, Naruto Uzumaki finds himself teleported to Brockton Bay during Leviathan's attack.
The Author has recently put up a sequel, Eye of the Hurricane , in which Sasuke stabs the Slaughterhouse Nine.
Tropes present in Whirlpool and Eye of the Hurricane
- All-Loving Hero: Naruto is in top form for this crossover.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Subverted. Cauldron, the Protectorate, and the PRT completely believe in Narutos story of a world ruled by Magical Ninjas, as various tests and multiverse theory point to it being true.
- Badass Boast: Naruto basically calls out any villain who dares try to start trouble in Brockton Bay.
- Bookends: Naruto saves a little girl in the first chapter. The finale has him visit that same little girl.
- Big Damn Heroes: Naruto as usual. Eidolon gets his time to shine as well.
- Cool vs. Awesome: For a given value of Awesome, the battle between Naruto and Leviathan certainly counts.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Naruto, with assistance from Eidolon, kills Leviathan, an Endbringer responsible for no shortage of carnage on Earth Bet.
- Curbstomp Battle: Played with. Leviathan and Naruto arent really able to harm each other. Naruto could toss Leviathan around, but its true nature made these superficial at best. At least until Naruto ups the Dakka.
- Crossover: With Worm and Naruto.
- Defiant to the End: Leviathan to an incredible degree. Even when tossed into the atmosphere by a full-powered Naruto with Eidolon assisting him, Leviathans first course of action is to try and dive-bomb the city below them.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Leviathan meet Bijuu Bomb. Bijuu Bomb meet Leviathan. With some notable assistance from Eidolon.
- Dirty Coward: Leviathans role in-story and among the Endbringers. When he decides that fighting Naruto is taking too long, he opts to run away from the ninja entirely and start slaughtering civilians.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Naruto, Eidolon, and the rest of the city fought Leviathan tooth and nail and came out on top.
- Good Thing You Can Heal!: Without his regeneration (in addition to his natural durability), Leviathan would not have lasted as long as he did.
- Mundane Utility: Naruto uses his cloak to make butterflies and entertain children.
- Oh, Crap!: Narutos reaction to Leviathan running away and Leviathans reaction to a full-powered Naruto.
- Outside-Context Problem: Played with. Due to Leviathan's inhuman nature, he displays little confusion at dealing with Naruto. Naruto is merely a powerful fighter to him. Meanwhile, the heroes of Earth Bet have never seen anything like Naruto, but he isn't really a problem, not even to Cauldron.
- Poor Communication Kills: Subverted. At first Naruto and the people of Earth Bet cannot communicate due to a language barrier, but this doesn't create any major issues.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Narutos ability to clone himself and provide protection via his aura prevents the deaths of several Doomed by Canon characters.
- Super Soldier: Naruto, much like in canon.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Leviathan is a force of nature in the Parahumans series, both in physical stats and with literal power over water in nearly all forms. Against someone with equal strength, speed, and a combo platter of abilities like Naruto however, hes forced to be on the back-foot.