The crux of the rewrite is that Jayfeather becomes a warrior, but there are various other important changes. For example, the Three are Leafpool and Mothwing's biological children, not Leafpool and Crowfeather's.
The first book, Dying Stars, is currently in progress.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe Fic: Jayfeather becomes a warrior instead of a medicine cat.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Cinderheart is dilute tortoiseshell instead being pure grey.
- Adapted Out: Crowfeather is a medicine cat and, as a result, Breezepelt was never born.
- Child of Forbidden Love: The Three are the product of two medicine cats from separate Clans falling in love. Such a relationship breaks two rules of the Clans.
- Composite Character: Mothwing takes Crowfeather's place as Leafpool's love.
- Death by Adaptation: Barkface died between series.
- Decomposite Character: Cinderheart is not Cinderpelt's reincarnation. She is simply named after her.
- Disabled in the Adaptation: Brambleclaw has some vision issues in one eye. His eye was injured in his fight with Hawkfrost, resulting in a permanent squint.
- Family Relationship Switcheroo: Leafpool has kits with someone from outside of the Clan, so she asks her sister Squirrelflight to pass the kits as her own.
- Has Two Mommies: The Three have three: their biological mothers Leafpool and Mothwing, as well as their adopted mother Squirrelflight.
- Meaningful Rename: Prior to the story, Brambleclaw asked Firestar to change his name to "Brambleflower" in remembrance of his mother.
- Related in the Adaptation: Mothwing and Leafpool are the Three's biological parents, not Crowfeather and Leafpool.
- Spared By Adaptation: Rainwhisker didn't die between series.
- Transgender: Mothwing is a trans she-cat.
- Unrelated in the Adaptation: Crowfeather is not the biological father of the Three.