Four weeks after Bespin, Luke Skywalker still isn't fully back to active duty yet, and he's getting a little stir crazy. On the advice of his friends, he takes a short trip to the surface of a nearby planet, said to host an extensive library that includes information from the Clone Wars era that managed to escape Imperial censors.
On his way, Luke picks up a distress signal and finds several stranded passengers from a malfunctioning craft on the moon's surface. Out of kindness, he agrees to give them a lift to the library.
He soon discovers they have picked up a very deadly stowaway.
This Fanfic Provides Examples of:
- Body Horror: Given that the Xenomorphs are the antagonists...
- Continuity Nod: To both the Expanded Universe and Star Wars: The Clone Wars in characters such as Sergeant Kreel and Tars, an old clone trooper who fought in the 501st under Pong Krell on Umbara.
- Enemy Mine
- Flashback: One chapter is this, in which Luke actually sees his father's memories of crossing the Xenomorphs before, during the Clone Wars.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Poor Luke. Going to the titular library, he gave a lift to some stranded people who turned out to be the breeding grounds for the Xenomorphs.
- No One Gets Left Behind: Luke tries. It doesn't work out as well as he would like.
- Not So Stoic: Vader, although with his son around and in danger, that's kind of a given.
- Oh, Crap!:
- Its got legs?! Luke mouthed.
- And then... "Darth Vader is up there. Right now."
- The creatures, I just remembered something. They hunt by sound. Theyre going to hear us! Theyre going to hear you!
- OOC Is Serious Business: Luke notes that Vader is acting very patient and even gentle with him after rescuing him, and knows that such behavior is massively out of character for his father.
- Papa Wolf: Yeaaah, no Xenomorph is getting a hold of Luke if Vader can help it.
- One of the chapter summaries starts out with "In Which xenomorphs discover the folly of coming between a Skywalker and its young."
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Poor Tars.
- Villainous Rescue
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: Aeshpe, one of the librarians, isn't happy when she finds out that Luke is a Rebel; nor, for that matter, is her father when he sees Luke carry a lightsaber.