In the wake of Launchpad's death, Darkwing goes to Duckberg to break the unpleasant news to his former employer.
Can be found here.
- Angst: Darkwing feels guilty about his sidekick's death and swears he will never have another.
- Bonding Over Missing Parents: Darkwing and Scrooge become slightly closer through their discussion about Launchpad.
- Cradle of Loneliness: At the end, Scrooge picks up Launchpad's scarf, which Darkwing left behind, and hugs it as he cries.
- Dead Sidekick: Launchpad was killed while on the job with Darkwing.
- Death Fic: The fanfic is about the reactions of Scrooge and Darkwing Duck to Launchpad's death in the line of duty.
- Dies Wide Open: Launchpad dies with his eyes open. Darkwing closes them before having a breakdown.
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: Scrooge clouts Darkwing with his cane, sensing that he's thinking about giving up, and scolds him for even considering dishonoring Launchpad's memory by not continuing with his good work.
- Go Out with a Smile: Launchpad only has time to smile at Darkwing before succumbing to his injuries.
- Like a Son to Me: Scrooge namedrops the trope when Darkwing awkwardly says that he knows Scrooge "cared for" Launchpad. It is revealed that Scrooge gave Launchpad a check when he left and instructed him to keep in touch.
- Secret Secret-Keeper: Scrooge reveals that Launchpad told him Darkwing's Secret Identity, which he never intends to tell.
- Take Care of the Kids: Scrooge suspects that Launchpad somehow sensed he was going to die, because a few days before the incident he asked his old employer to look after Darkwing/Drake and Gosalyn.
- Taking the Bullet: Launchpad was killed when he used himself as an avian shield to protect Darkwing from Steelbeak.