Two Spiders on a Web is a Marvel Cinematic Universe and Spider-Gwen crossover fanfic by vendetta543, centered around Peter Parker from the MCU, who instead of completely fading from existence after Thanos' snap at the end of Infinity War turned him to dust, finds himself instead waking up on Spider-Gwen's world, Earth-65.
- Action Girl: Gwen Stacy aka Spider-Woman, obviously. A couple of the other female Spider characters who show up from all around the Multiverse would also count, like Mayday Parker, Cindy Moon, and Jessica Drew.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: Gloria Grant, who tends to be the Team Mom of the Mary Janes band, ends up helping to start a riot with various Spider people from throughout the multiverse after getting drunk on wine.
- Alternate Self: Quite a few Alternate Peter Parkers, Gwen Stacys, and at one point, alternate Mary Janes, show up in the story.
- Alternate Universe Fic: Diverges from the recent canon Spider-Gwen comics with the appearance of the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Spider-Man showing up.
- Continuity Cameo: Slightly older versions of the Gwen Stacy, Spider-Man Noir, and Mary Jane/Scarlet Spider from the authors other work and series Through the Looking Glass drop in for a couple appearances.
- Crossover Couple: The MCU version of Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen eventually become thing, though it can also apply to MCU Peter and Earth-65 Mary Jane briefly.
- Dead Alternate Counterpart: The fate of Earth-65 Peter Parker when the MCU version of Spider-Man arrives.
- Fiery Redhead: Mary Jane Watson. Especially so when theres three of them at the same time.
- Garage Band/Girl Group: Like in the Spider-Gwen comics, Earth-65 Gwen, Mary Jane, Betty, and Gloria are part of a band called The Mary Janes.
- Running Gag: Karen, the AI in Peters suit, constantly tries to convince him to hook up with either Earth-65 Gwen or MJ, to much hilarity.
- Secret Identity: Due to the events of the story beginning after the end of Spider-Gwen Volume 2, Gwen Stacys public identity as Spider-Woman has already been exposed to the public by the time the story begins.
- The Multiverse: Applies to both the fact Peter is from a different universe, the MCU, and that frequently characters from throughout the multiverse tend to pop in to meet Gwen.
- This is especially exemplified when Peter, Gwen, and her friends go to what is pretty much a party full of Spider people from all throughout the Spiderverse.
- Wall Crawl: Both Gwen and Peter, as Spider-Woman and Spider-Man respectively, share this ability.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Peter cant go back to his universe without him starting to turn to dust again. And as its later revealed, neither can any other version of Peter Parker try to go to his world.
- You're Not My Type: Sort of. Mary Jane of Earth-65 goes on a date with Peter, but in the end decides not to take things further, as she ultimately isnt interested in long distance dating, let alone one thats across different universes. She is kind about it though.