Twilight Valley or Land Before Time: Twilight Valley is a war story written by DialgaX (Jakayrta) set in The Land Before Time universe.
The story is set several years after the actual movies and it explores the concept of war in The Land Before Time universe. The characters from The Land Before Time have matured quite a bit and they are now involved in a destructive war to take back the Great Valley and defeat the forces of Claw Valley. Joining and opposing them are a host of original characters
The link is here. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated since 2011.
Tropes In Twilight Valley:
- Action Girl: Almost every female character.
- Adaptational Villainy: Ms. Maia.
- Big Bad: Excidium
- Cluster F-Bomb: Almost everyone in Twilight Valley utters at least one profanity.
- Dark Action Girl: There are female combatants on Claw Valley's side.
- Battle in the Rain
- Dark Fic: A Land Before Time war story.
- The Dragon: Styracus
- Fan Sequel:here.
- Not anymore. Still visible via accessing history.
- Family-Unfriendly Violence/Death: Where to begin? Try Chapter Seven.
- Grey-and-Grey Morality: Both Claw Valley and the Great Valley have no qualms about torturing or abusing prisoners of war.
- Harmful to Minors: So, so much. One particularly nasty example involves Ducky being forced to watching a starving Chomper eat one of her siblings and then nearly eat her. They both break down.
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Meaningful Name: Not many but they are present.
- Poisoned Weapons: Darts specifically
- Punny Name: Most of them are puns on actual dinosaur names.
- Shout-Out: A surprising amount.
- Spin-Off: A fan has made a Command & Conquer themed fan fiction based on Twilight Valley. It is basically Twilight Valley characters and settings transplanted into a Command & Conquer style setting.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Some of the fighters seem to enjoy killing a little too much.
- Weapon of Choice:
- Bare Fisted Dinosaur: Dromaeo (a predatory dinosaur) fights with his bare hands.
- Blade on a Stick: Obsidian tipped spears are quite a popular weapon with the dinosaurs.
- Drop the Hammer: Saber, a predatory dinosaur, wields a stone war hammer. Wooden clubs (sometimes studded with rock flakes) haven been used by quite a number of dinosaurs as well.
- Knife Nut: Stone knives are also quite common. Also, Theta's signature weapon.
- Simple Staff: Staves are also quite popular with the dinosaurs.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Pterano to Littlefoot for beating another patrol member.
- War Fic: Duh.
- War Is Glorious <—-> War Is Hell