Oh no-it seems Arnold needs a little help with his poetry assignment if he wants a decent grade in English!Hmm, I wonder what fourth grade poet laurete Mr.Simmons could assign to help him out...Set postconfession to make things even more fun!
The story is continues in Learning To Be Helga:What could be more amusing than taking two hundred thousand words to make Arnold realize he loves Helga? Taking EIGHT hundred thousand words to explore in detail how this newfound relationship is working out! Sequel to Tutoring Arnold! Let's do this!
This story has examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Curly is this to Rhonda, who makes her disdain for him clear.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: A really heavy case of this in "Tutoring Arnold" is about Arnold and Helga coming in terms with knowing her feelings and Arnold's own growing feelings.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Helga, Doi!
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Arnold proves to be this after learning that he's not the only guy to have ever been romantically interested in Helga (i.e., Arnold learns that Brainy has a crush on Helga)—he gets even more like this when Helga admits that, if Arnold were never in the picture, she may have actually reciprocated Brainy's feelings for her.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Helga.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: At the end of this fic, Arnold finally returns Helga's feelings and they have a Relationship Upgrade.
- Forceful Kiss:
- In Chapter 7, Arnold ends up delivering an epic one to Helga while he was arguing with her..
- Helga later gives him one in chapter 10 after they fought over the fact that he wants to be Just Friends.
- In chapter 12, Helga kisses him again after receiving a pep talk from Arnold. Unlike previous times, Arnold slightly reciprocates the kiss.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Arnold.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Brainy ends up confessing his feelings for Helga to her, but also admits that he knows about her feelings for Arnold and that he's the one she wants to be with—ultimately just wanting her to be happy, Brainy assures that he won't interfere with their relationship.
- Secret Keeper: Phoebe is this for Helga.
- Arnold becomes this upon accepting that Helga has feelings for him.
- Gerald eventually finds out and is promises to secrecy too.
- Shipper on Deck: Lila makes it obvious that she is rooting for Arnold and Helga to get together.
- Helga, DOI! She still acts hostile towards Arnoldfor the first part but slowly shows her more "dere" side to him the more time they get to know one another.
- Arnold can be seen as a milder, male tsundere towards Helga, he tries to be nice to her but loses his patience at times