Glinda and Nessarose become friends after Elphaba leaves Shiz. This all changes when Nessarose kisses Glinda one evening. A romance soon blossoms, but it was doomed from the start. Their destinies are too different for their relationship to work.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname:
- Glinda has "Nessa" and "Rosie". "Nessie", however, is strictly off-limits even for Glinda.
- Nessarose uses "Glin" for Glinda.
- Gayngst: It's never discussed in canon if Unionism has any issues with same-gender romance. Still, Nessa worries about what her relationship with Glinda means for her eternal soul.
- Lonely Together: Glinda befriends Nessa because they're both lonely after Elphaba leaves Shiz.
- Oh, My Gods!: It's mentioned that, while Glinda prefers Lurline, being around Nessarose has made her more keen to exclaim the Unnamed God's name instead.
- Platonic Kissing: Subverted when Glinda tries to kiss Nessarose platonically, but Nessarose would rather it not be platonic so she kisses her on the lips.
- Replacement Goldfish: Discussed and subverted. Nessarose asks if she's just a replacement for her sister, but Glinda replies that she can love both separately.
- Secret-Keeper: It's implied that Glinda's employee Crope knows of her past relationship with Nessa.
- Secret Relationship: Nessarose and Glinda decide to keep their relationship a secret. They keep it a secret their entire lives.
- Settle for Sibling: Glinda can't have Elphaba so she finds comfort in her younger sister. This element of their relationship makes Nessarose insecure as she feels like a Replacement Goldfish.
- Slash Fic: It's a Glinda/Nessarose fic, with one-sided Glinda/Elphaba on the side. A romance blooms between Glinda and Nessa after Nessa's sister Elphaba leaves them at university.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Nessarose and Glinda ended up on opposing sides and only saw each other twice after Glinda left Shiz. Yet, they were still in love nevertheless even after years apart. Nessarose ends up dying before they can meet again a third time.
- Their First Time: There's a non-graphic scene near the middle where this occurs between Nessarose and Glinda.
- They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!: Nessarose gets angry when Glinda accidentally calls her "Nessie". The only one who can call her that is Elphaba.