Total Drama Losers is a Total Drama fanfiction by Lord Of The Sloths. An unspecified time after the events of Total Drama Pahkitew Island, Chris McLean brings back 18 of the lowest performing contestants to compete in a brand new season for the grand prize of one million dollars.
A sequel, Total Drama Winners, was later released, bringing back average and high-performing contestants who the author believes deserve another chance.
This fanfiction contains examples of these tropes:
- All-Loving Hero: Ella sees only the best in everyone.
- Alpha Bitch: Amy. However, her behaviour turns off most of the characters, although a few of them try to make friends with her.
- Anti-Hero: Eva is mean to just about everyone except Noah, but she plays fair and is completely honest about her worst traits.
- Ascended Extra: The contestant roster is skewed to characters who got little screen time in canon. Notable examples are Dawn, Staci, Ella, and Amy.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: During one challenge, Sammy gets distracted from her goal when she finds Minesweeper on the computer.
- Bears Are Bad News: Scuba Bear. Especially when Chris puts Scarlett in control of them.
- Back for the Finale: Although the finalists can only choose two helpers each, all the eliminated players return to watch the finale.
- Blatant Lies: Staci eventually admits to herself that most of her talk about her family is this. It turns out that the truth is so boring, people actually like her better when she's lying.
- Demoted to Extra: Several characters who were major players in canon make cameos, typically in a staff role. For example, Shawn, canonically a Pahkitew Island finalist, is on the talent show judging panel; and Alejandro, canonically a World Tour finalist and an All-Stars contestant, serves as Noah's opponent during the boxing challenge.
- Flanderization: The author at one point states that they felt like they over exaggerated Topher's egotism a bit too much in this story.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Ella trusts everybody no questions asked. Same goes for Rodney who trusts pretty much any female in the cast.
- I'm Not Here to Make Friends: Eva's aggressive attitude suggests this. She refuses to make friends with the other contestants, despite finding security in her friendship with Noah.
- In-Series Nickname: Staci likes to call Amy "Aim" as an attempt to make friends with her.
- Jerk with a Heart of Jerk: Amy. It doesn't matter whether it's someone trying to be her friend or her sister.
- Lovable Jock: Tyler's main selling point. The fact that he is lovable keeps him in the game, and he occasionally manages to conquer his clumsiness, enough to win in the "canonical" ending.
- Mistaken for Gay: Happens to Katie and Sadie during chapter twelve.
- No Fourth Wall: Aside from the usual confessionals addressing the audience (Since this is supposed to be Reality TV show), Blaineley also has frequent arguments with whoever's filming her during the Aftermath chapters.
- Odd Friendship: Despite having very little in common, Brick and Sammy become extremely close and always vote as a team.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Averted with Sammy. Only Chris and Amy regularly use "Samey" while everyone else uses her real name, showing that most of the cast members respect her.
- Paintball Episode: The chapter "Painted Love" revolves around a paintball based challenge with Jo and Jasmine as guest characters.
- Pet the Dog: Amy calling Sammy by her real name at one point because she thought Sammy "deserved to hear it at least once".
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis Failure: Chris names one of the obstacles in the chapter ten challenge after Peter Gabriel and is upset when almost none of the character competing get the reference.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The final four challenge requires each contestant to roast Chris, giving him one of these, with Heather, Zoey and Sugar judging.