Tōjō Basara and the Succubus' Mate is a The Testament of Sister New Devil fanfic by SeerKing on Archive of Our Own. In this story, Maria discovers that Basara is her Mate, and is thus the only man she ever wants to sleep with again.
After returning from the Demon World, fresh from combat with Demon Lord Leohart and the Council, Tōjō Basara is having a problem; Maria keeps slipping into his bed every night and he is fast approaching the limit of his self-control. Then Maria discovers something about herself that affects him. What will this mean for Basara?
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Maria is so aroused by Basara's mere presence that she has to do this multiple times a night to cool off.
- Bi the Way: Maria, of course. The only guy she might be interested in now is Basara, but she still fell into lust, and later love, for the other girls as a result of helping Basara with their contracts.
- Erotic Dream: Basara's apparently had a few involving the girls.
- Cannot Dream: Succubi in this verse do not normally dream. That Maria has been dreaming is a sign that Basara is her mate.
- Heroic Willpower: Basara is attracted to all the girls, he just has the self-control to not do anything, in part because of societal stigma.
- Horny Devils: Maria, of course.
- Instant Expert: Maria, despite being a virgin, has an instinctive knowledge of most sex-related topics.
- I Want Grandkids: Maria's mother keeps telling her to get Basara to knock her up.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Basara might be her mate, but Maria still loves Mio and the others and is worried how Mio especially will react to the news.
- Oblivious to Love: Because of how she went about it, Basara doesn't seem to realize that Maria is genuinely interested in him as a partner instead of just a sexual target. Maria actually staggers when she realizes how badly she was approaching things.
- Polyamory: Maria is actively trying to set this scenario up with her mother's help.
- Poor Communication Kills: Maria's mother never told her how succubi recognize their mates because it's so rare for a succubus to find their mate, and she didn't think it would be an issue yet.
- Red String of Fate: A succubus and their Mate. A Succubus's mate is their perfect match, someone who satisfies their inner lust demon completely, and is truly worthy of them. If a succubus is lucky enough to find a mate, they stop reacting to other men altogether.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Among men at least, Maria has stopped reacting to other men since she met Basara, and seems repulsed by the thought, a sign that he's her mate. Women, on the other hand...