Taylor Hebert can see the bonesaw coming down to open up her skull for inhuman experiments, but then everything fades to black. She wakes up in a tube, weak, dizzy, and vulnerable as a group of unknown Parahumans stare at her in shock and horror. While they treat her kindly, there is tension in the air, and only more confusion as a far older Imp and Bitch appear soon after...
Can also be read on Archive Of Our Own.
Timeslip provides examples of:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Taylor has a hard time accepting a lot of information from the future, especially about herself.
- Establishing Character Moment:
- Taylor's reaction to getting out of the cloning tube is to gather her insects and appraise Breakthrough for a potential fight.
- Victoria's first reaction is to ask the (then unknown) clone if she was okay and once her identity was revealed, to offer Taylor her jacket for comfort.
- Experienced Protagonist: Taylor has her memories of events up until her being captured by Bonesaw.
- Good Morning, Crono: Taylor wakes up four years into the future.
- How Is That Even Possible?: Taylor's reaction to pretty much everything in the future.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Rachel is gruff as usual, but Taylor definitely would have gone off on her own if they took too long to tell her information.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Taylor only has memories up to her being captured by Bonesaw and anything non-combat related has been edited out by the cloning process.