Harry Potter was a lonely boy who one day wished for a friend. Luna, trapped on her moon and constantly haunted by Nightmare Moon, wished for the same. And so their wishes are granted. How will the two deal with each other? And what about Nightmare Moon? Needless to say, their lives are going to change in both expected and unexpected ways...
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: Nightmare Moon is becoming one.
- Enemy Without: One of the base premises of the story is that Nightmare Moon was separated from Luna when they were banished to the moon.
- The Fair Folk: On a few occasions, Harry interacts with fae. Both Luna and Nightmare Moon don't know just what they are, but they can tell that there is something about them that puts the two of them on their guard.
- Fisher King: Dreams in Equestria are affected by Luna's moods and experiences. This becomes pertinent when many in Equestria end up dreaming about Harry's confronting Voldemort at the end of the events of Philosopher's Stone and all the trauma that entails. On the positive side, that also means that when she's having fun or a good time, the dreams of the ponies are good ones.
- "Freaky Friday" Flip: Happens to Luna and Harry in the sequel.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Marge and Ripper in the side stories get a taste of this due to Nightmare Moon.
- Lethal Chef: As the side stories show, Luna REALLY can't cook
- Morality Pet: Harry is serving as one to Nightmare Moon. She's still not reformed, but Harry's influence is serving to mitigate the worst of her tendencies, making her more mischievous, rather than malevolent. She does backslide when provoked, however.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Nightmare Moon to Luna, as it's expected. Though the story also tries to justify the "lack of moral compass" part of this trope: by the time of being banished to the moon Nightmare Moon had just been created, so she had Luna's memories but the mentality of a newborn to deal with them.