After seeing Nino resist Hawk Moth's dark temptations, Master Fu decides that he is worthy of wielding the Turtle Miraculous. Now a superhero, Nino - inheriting the name "Jade Turtle" - will protect Paris alongside Ladybug and Cat Noir against Hawk Moth and his evil.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Unlike Tikki and Plagg, Wayzz can pass off as a regular pet.
- Hover Board: Jade Turtle's shield serves as one.
- Legacy Character: Nino's hero identity is named "Jade Turtle", just as Master Fu did. He is also chosen by Master Fu to take up the mantle of guardian, looking after inactive miraculouses and choose their future wielders.
- Light Is Not Good: Nino's first akuma was a boy who is afraid of the dark, so Hawk Moth made him a serious case of this trope.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: Jade Turtle's trademark weapon.
- Old-Fashioned Rowboat Date: Nino has one with Alya. With his shield as the boat.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Much like the other kwamis, Wayzz has a favorite food, mainly soup (as long as it meatless, especially without turtles in it).
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Wayzz and Plagg. Plagg thinks the turtle miraculous wielders penchant for academic duties (training to be a guardian) and magical healing makes them boring, while Wayzz thinks that the turtle's duties are more important than the cat's penchant for "breaking things." They're pretty civil otherwise.
- Wizards Live Longer: It is brought up that as the wielder of the turtle miraculous and future guardian, Nino's lifespan will be supernaturally extended and will outlive all of his friends.