Six years after his disappearance, Hiccup returns from Japan as a full fledged samurai for all he has done for the shogun. No longer a meek boy, but a deadly warrior he arrives just when an old enemy of Berk returns. Can Hiccup use his newfound skills to save his people. Can he forgive them for all they did to him?
The story is a continuation of Hiccup's Journey to Japan.
This series provides examples of:
- Everything's Better with Samurai: Hiccup is a samurai in Viking-Country. 'Nuff said.
- Flirtatious Smack on the Ass: In Chapter 9, Hiccup smacks Astrid's rear during their fight, mocking her efforts to capture him.
- Not What It Looks Like: Having been sent by Stoick to retrieve him, Hiccup draws the assumption that his former classmates were sent to capture him and take him as their prisoner, causing him to fight back against them, gaining some much-needed revenge on Snotlout.
- Ronin: Hiccup can be considered this after leaving Japan.
- Took a Level in Badass: After spending so much time in Japan, Hiccup became a samurai so adept in bushido, not only was he able to single-handedly able to defeat a marauding band of vikings, but he was able to defeat Astrid in multiple battles, each with a different Japanese weapons.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Hiccup's attempts at getting his contempt for the Hooligans across manifests as a bit...much at times.Astrid: Hiccup? Hiccup? Hiccup? Why won't you talk to me?
Hiccup: I told you my name is Ryuiji[.] Second, I don't take orders from women[.]
Hiccup: I. Don't. Take. Orders. From. Women[.]
- Western Samurai: Hiccup is eventually promoted to the title of Samurai and renamed as Ryuiji.