Sunset Shimmer has spent up her years in the human world. Highschool is ending, and without anyplace in the human world to go, she resolves to return home and place herself under arrest for her crimes against the Equestrian crown. But when given the chance to prove herself a new bastion of friendship and continue to grow in that pursuit, Sunset finds herself faced with a particular lavender problem. A very sexy, lavender problem. And of course, there is only one way to solve such problems turn to your friends.
Now has a sequel named Between Two More.
Nopony ever said love was easy.It's not easy for a Princess, when you're trying to balance between your old life and your new one.It's not easy for a student, when she fears that she'll lose everything if she doesn't hold onto it hard enough.It's not easy for a teacher, trying to make sure she doesn't repeat the mistakes of her past.It's not easy for a friend, who is all too willing to give up nearly everything for the ones she loves.Nopony ever said love was easy, but all of them know it's worth fighting for.
Tropes in The Two Between:
- A Date with Rosie Palms
- The Atoner: Sunset decides to come back to make up for her actions.
- Brains and Bondage: Twilight and Sunset are both intelligent ponies, and they both develop a taste for BDSM.
- Can't Get in Trouble for Nuthin': Sunset is frustrated when her initial attempts to get arrested fail.
- Covers Always Spoil: The cover gives
- Hidden Depths: Rainbow Dash actually has a doctorate from Cloudsdale Academy in advanced weather mechanics.
- Continuity Nod: The events of Equestria Girls are referred to.
- Oblivious to Love: It takes Twilight a while to realize that Sunset has feelings for her. Apparently Celestia didn't really talk about sexuality.
- Poor Communication Kills: Cadence and Shining Armor jump the gun when they hear the news of Sunset and Twilight, and things get a bit heated.
- Property of Love: Sunset likes being referred to as Twilights pet.
- Safe, Sane, and Consensual: Twilight and Sunset once they start their relationship. They even draw up a contract detailing how their relationship would work.
- Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are in a relationship like this as well.
- Teleporters and Transporters: Sunset can teleport, and Twilight gives her permission to use the power if what they're doing becomes too much for her.
- Twincest: Sunset is certain that Aloe and Lotus have this kind of relationship, though it's never confirmed.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: As the dominant partner in the relationship, it's Twilight's job to be responsible.
- Twilight has this attitude in general regarding her magic and has a brief Freak Out when she believes she is hurting Sunset.
- You Are Better Than You Think You Are: Twilight assures Sunset of this.
Tropes in Between Two More:
- The Bus Came Back: Rarity ran off at the end of the previous story, only to return early on here.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sunset.
- Living Emotional Crutch: After The conflict she had with Rarity in the previous story, Sunset has become near completely dependent on Twilight.
- Time Skip: Takes place several months after the previous story.