One day, Lizzy gets the bright idea to give Apple a poisoned apple to cheer her up. This goes exactly as expected. It turns out that this can't be cured medically—only True Love's Kiss will fix it. Daring attempts to cure Apple and fails this. As Raven cries over Apple, the others notice something strange and urge her to kiss Apple. It works.
This fic provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Raven's mother is emotionally and physically abusive towards her.
- The Beard: Snow White's husband is gay but they're married for tradition's sake.
- Class Pet: As a kid, Raven's class had a pet goldfish-serpent that died.
- Covered with Scars: Raven, due to her mother. She uses a concealment cream to cover up the scars.
- Deliberate Values Dissonance: Cupid explains the differences between Wonderlandians, humans, and Gods in terms of sexual relations to Blondie (it's also explained that Wonderland has a younger Age of Majority due to its history of war). It gets to the point of Too Much Information for Blondie and just frazzles her.
- Dude, She's Like, in a Coma!: Lampshaded. Daring tries to wake up Apple several times but it's awkward.
- Hotter and Sexier: The story is blunt on sexuality while its source is a completely clean kid's cartoon.
- Oh My Gods!: Various substitutes are used, but "ancestors" appears the most.
- The Mistress: Apple's father had a pageboy named Raoul that he kept as a lover. His wife was perfectly accepting of the relationship.
- Playing Sick: To explain away why she looks like she was crying, Raven tells Apple she has allergies.
- Selective Obliviousness: Apple is terribly oblivious to anything between her and Raven. It gets to the point where Raven straight-up confesses to her and Apple thinks it's a Platonic Declaration of Love.
- True Love's Kiss: The plot goes in motion when Daring can't wake up Apple but Raven can.
- Virgin Power: Apple's family prizes "purity" so much, in both the mother and child, that Snow White's are conceived artificially.
- Wedding-Enhanced Fertility: Justified with Snow White's. They're artificially inseminated on their marriage night.