The Supermen is a Resident Evil and Justice League of America crossover fanfic that follows on from Resident Evil 5. It was written by EvilToTheCore13 and published on FanFiction.Net here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13312456/1/The-Supermen, and Archive of Our Own here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/19224067/chapters/45708079
The summary states: "Wesker drags himself out of the volcano, barely alive. He has not given up on his plan to take over the world and he is more determined than ever to get revenge on Chris. Then something even Wesker couldn't plan for happens, and he finds himself in the DC Universe. But Wesker is sure he can turn the situation to his advantage and conquer both worlds."
Updates are generally every two weeks or so but there is no exact schedule.
The Supermen contains examples of:
- A God Am I: Wesker, naturally.
- Alien Geometries: The portal (leading to the DC universe) that Wesker's plane falls into in Chapter 2.
- Deadpan Snarker: Wesker remains snarky (in his head, at least) even when dragging himself out of a volcano.
- There's also his reaction to hallucinating Will later in that scene.
- Determinator: Wesker drags himself out of a volcano while poisoned and blind in the very first chapter, and then crawls for over 100 miles to get back to his lab.
- Hallucinations: In the first chapter, Wesker hallucinates William Birkin at one point. Justified, as he is concussed, poisoned, and semi-conscious.
- Our Wormholes Are Different: Wesker's plane flies into a wormhole at the end of Chapter 2. It's a Swirly Energy Thingy of several FictionalColours, and Wesker can't look straight at it because of its Alien Geometries. Wesker points out in his internal monologue that wormholes are only theoretical and that the whole situation is scientifically unlikely, but it doesn't do him much good.
- Shout-Out: As well as obviously referencing the fact that the fic is about superheroes (including Superman), and Wesker (who has superpowers and sees himself as The Übermensch), the title is a Shout-Out to David Bowie.
- Temporary Blindness: At the start of the story, Wesker ducks just in time to avoid being killed by the rockets, but is blinded by the explosion. He remains blind for the first chapter and half of the second before recovering, although as of the end of the second chapter his vision is still blurred. Justified, as he has a Healing Factor. In fact, the blindness probably wouldn't even have lasted that long if it hadn't been for the Phlebotinum Overdose and other injuries.
- Tempting Fate: The story opens with Hal Jordan commenting that things have been quiet recently. Batman tells him he should know not to say that by now, but Hal laughs it off.
- Villain Protagonist: Most of the story is from Wesker's point of view, although there are also scenes from the point of view of members of the Justice League.