The Sun is Tired is a My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfic, and a subversion/deconstruction combo of the fandom's popular "tyrant Celestia" meme. In the story, Celestia is portrayed as a genuinely kind and benevolent ruler, but for some reason everyone seems to think she is a tyrant anyway; thanks to the secret (and highly illegal) cult of followers and the rumor mill that abounds in their wake. Hilarity ensues, except it doesn't.
Was ended after a three month hiatus.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Asshole Victim: Snowflake. He ordered his group to beat up Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash even past submission, then took them to the library to show them to Celestia. Not even his bones remained after she was done with him .
- Big Bad: Celestia. Except she's not.
- Berserk Button: Do not treat, or speak, of Celestia as anything less as an immortal goddess when cultists are around.
- Hurl It into the Sun: Actually more like "use the sun as a giant nuclear kill sat", but close enough. Snowflake is the target.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash suffer through this at the hands of a mob of pegasi. Fluttershy is left shaved bare and unable to walk, while Dash escapes with only broken wings. Both suffer severe injuries which include internal ones severe enough to require surgery to prevent from being fatal.
- Poor Communication Kills: Celestia really needs a good PR manager.
- The Power of the Sun: Celestia weaponizes this.
- Revised Ending: The author eventually grew tired of the story, deleted the last couple of chapters, and added the current ending. The cult? They don't even appear in the story's final form.
- Secret Circle of Secrets: The Celestia cult.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Yes she is.
- Stupid Evil: The cult.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: Celestia.
- What Did You Expect When You Named It ____?: Snowflake.
- Villain Ball: The way the cult acts makes you really wonder why they haven't been found out yet.