The fanfic is known for its accurate rules on Mary Sue stories and the satire resulting from it.
This work contains examples of:
- Affectionate Parody: The second chapter is a parody of the infamous The Legend Of Zelda C Di Games. Justified as Kung Lao is drunk.
- All Just a Dream: Hellflame having sex with Kung Lao.
- The Cameo: Among the many Mary Sues in Sueville, one of them is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
- Chick Magnet: Kung Lao, to the point where nearly all the Mary Sues ditch their "true loves" and chase after him.
- Didn't Think This Through: Quan Chi created Hellflame to destroy Scorpion. However, he didn't realize he would also doom the rest of the universe.
- The Ditz: Hellflame.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Bob and Paul the rotting hands.
- Gag Boobs: Nearly all the Sues have them. One Mary Sue even has J-Cups.
- Informed Deformity: Kitana actually used the latter as a retort, so whether it is true or not is unknown.
- The Immodest Orgasm: Hellflame was close to one in Chapter 8. In a dream.
- Meaningful Name: Hellflame, as she was intended to show a connection to Scorpion's element.
- Mr. Fanservice: Kung Lao. And he certainly doesn't enjoy it.
- My God, What Have I Done?: How Quan Chi reacts to himself creating Hellflame.
- Parody Sue: Hellflame.
- Schmuck Bait: Hellflame is this to Kung Lao.
- Screw This, I'm Out of Here!: Kitana ditches Kung Lao because she does not want to pursue Hellflame anymore.
- Ship Tease: Followed immediately by a Ship Sinking.The monk's brows knit together in a deep furrow as the two locked eyes in a fearsome staring contest.
And then they leapt into a fiery kiss.
Nah, just kidding
- Sugar Bowl: Sueville.
- Take That!: To almost all the OCs in the fandom.
- Write Who You Know: Word of God says Hellflame is based on several OCs.